The new Loki tv show is available on Disney Plus. If you’re holidaying abroad and can’t access your usual subscription, you’ve most likely run into a geoblock. As long as you check the terms of your subscription, you might be able to access the service using a VPN.
- Choose a VPN provider. We often recommend ExpressVPN, which has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Create an account with your chosen VPN.
- Download your chosen VPN’s software onto the device you’ll be using.
- Open your VPN software and sign in to your account.
- If you already have a Disney Plus subscription, connect to a server that’s located in your home country where your active Disney Plus subscription is registered. Alternatively, look for countries that support Disney Plus.
- Subscribe to a Disney Plus account if you need to.
- Sign in to your account to enjoy Loki online.
Loki doesn’t get a lot of love in the Marvel world. After all, until now, he’s only ever been a supporting character in the “Thor” movies. What’s more, he’s died – multiple times! In fact, he’s often forgotten about entirely, even in lists that rank Marvel heroes from worst to best. So, it is understandable if you’ve found yourself asking: “What is the Loki tv show about?” Below, we’ve provided you with a rundown of the show, in addition to showing you how you can watch Loki on Disney Plus from any country in the world (using a VPN).
Watching Loki on Disney Plus
Great news for parents and Marvel fans everywhere! After a November 2019 launch in the US and Canada, Disney’s been gradually rolling out its new streaming service, Disney Plus, to countries across the world.
Currently, it’s only possible to watch Loki on Disney Plus, and the same is true of Marvel’s other episodic series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While certain Disney Plus (and Star) programs and series are only available in select regions, you can watch Loki on every version of Disney Plus, regardless of your location. Just bear in mind that Disney’s streaming service might not yet be available in your country.
While Disney’s rollout is not yet complete, it’s possible to get around geographical restrictions (geoblocks) in the meantime by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Just be sure to check your user agreement first, so you’re always using Disney’s services according to the terms of service. To find out more about Disney Plus, check out our article on how to watch Disney Plus safely. Otherwise, to learn how you can watch Loki on Disney Plus from other countries, read more below.
How to Watch Loki on Disney Plus from Other Countries
Disney limits access to Disney Plus in countries where it hasn’t been released yet by using geographical restrictions. These restrictions are based on your IP address, which is a common way to restrict users located outside an available region. Unfortunately, even if you’re simply on vacation and ordinarily subscribe to Disney Plus at home, the website has no way of knowing that. This means you might not be able to access your account from abroad.
That said, there is a way to circumvent geoblocks using a VPN. By connecting to a VPN server located in another country, you change your IP address to one belonging to the same country as the server. Let’s say you’re located in the US, but you want to access a website that’s restricted to German citizens, and you can’t due to a geoblock. By connecting to a German VPN server, you’ll be able to access the website as if you were in Germany.
This also means that, if you were to connect to a VPN server located in a country where Disney Plus is available, you could watch Disney Plus, even if it’s blocked in your country. As a result, theoretically, you can watch Disney Plus from any country in the world. But as with any service, we advise checking your user agreement to make sure you’re not falling foul of Disney’s terms.
How to watch Loki on Disney Plus with a VPN: a step-by-step guide
To watch Loki on Disney Plus safely wherever you are in the world, you can use a VPN. Just follow the steps below:
- Decide which VPN you want to use. We often recommend ExpressVPN. It’s one of the fastest providers and offers a broad range of servers for different locations.
- Very easy to use VPN
- Perfect for anonymous browsing, downloading, and streaming (i.e. Netflix)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- Create an account with the VPN you’d like to use by following the registration process. While you’ll need to register a payment method to use ExpressVPN, they offer a generous 30-day money-back guarantee. This should give you enough time to enjoy streams on a temporary vacation without losing any money.
- Download your chosen VPN software onto the device you’ll be using to watch Disney Plus. In addition to computers, ExpressVPN supports mobile phones and tablets.
- Sign in to your newly created VPN account using the software.
- If you already have a Disney Plus subscription, connect to a server that’s located in your home country: the country where your active Disney Plus subscription is registered. If you don’t have one, check which countries can access the service, and connect to a server in your chosen country.
- Sign in to your Disney Plus account or create a new account to enjoy Loki online.
Check your user agreement
While VPNs are legal – in most countries – some companies prefer that you don’t access their services with one, even if you already have a subscription. So, if you’re a paying customer, always check the user agreement or terms and conditions that you agreed to when you created your account.
Paying for Your Disney Plus Subscription
If you don’t already have a Disney Plus subscription, you can create one by following the steps above. However, you will of course need a way to pay for your subscription. There’s no way to watch Disney Plus for free online.
In addition to VISA, Mastercard, and American Express, you can subscribe through PayPal if you have an account set up in the same country as the server you’re connected to. Some users have reported success with the Apple App Store and Google Play Store too.
Subscribe to Disney Plus with an Apple ID
If you want to watch Disney Plus on an iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV but don’t have a subscription, you can follow the steps below to create a new account from abroad. Keep in mind that you might need a VPN service depending on your location.
- Go to Settings, click on your Apple ID, and sign out.
- Connect to a VPN server in the United States by following the step-by-step guide above.
- Open the App Store on your device and choose the option Create New Apple ID.
- Set up a new email address or use one that’s not connected to your existing Apple ID, and select “United States” as your region.
- Purchase an iTunes gift card with at least $6.99 credit. This is the current cost of a monthly subscription to Disney Plus in the U.S.
- Redeem this gift card to top up the balance on your temporary Apple ID.
- Locate the Disney+ application in the App Store and download it.
- Open the app, and follow the registration process, using your iTunes gift card to subscribe to Disney Plus.
- While still connected to your VPN, you should now be able to access Disney Plus and watch countless movies and series, including Marvel’s Loki.
What’s the New Loki Series About?
Spoiler alert: if you haven’t seen “The Avengers” or “Avengers: Endgame”, you might want to stop reading. Instead, you might want to catch up with the franchise. Now’s the perfect time to binge this award-winning series of superhero movies, as Marvel’s third phase recently came to an end. There’s a fourth phase and plenty more action-packed movies on the horizon.
“Loki” tells the story of Thor’s brother, Loki, God of Mischief, following his theft of the Tesseract in “The Avengers” (2012). We were reintroduced to this scene in “Avengers: Endgame” (2019). Apprehended by the TVA (Time Variance Authority), an organization that monitors the timeline to prevent damage to future realities, Loki will have to help them repair the damage he’s caused.
If you haven’t seen it yet, you can find the trailer for Loki below:
What Other Marvel TV Shows Can I Watch?
Back in early 1960, Stan Lee and other select artists created a new series of comic books that would later grow to become the Marvel Universe we all know today. More recently, over the past couple of decades, we’ve been introduced to countless hit movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Now, with the release of Disney Plus, Marvel is venturing into the world of episodic series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. First came the release of “Wandavision” in January 2021. This series followed Wanda Maximoff and Vision, two characters who appear in “The Avengers” movies.
After WandaVision came “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier“, another series that was released on Disney Plus in March 2021. This one focuses on the two titular characters who have appeared in various movies, including “Captain America: The Winter Soldier“, “Avengers: Age of Ultron“, “Ant-Man“, and the latest two titles in the Avengers series, “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame“.
“Loki” is the third Marvel episodic series to be released by Disney Plus. It follows the God of Mischief and looks every bit as action-packed as the Asgardian movies that came before it.
Upcoming Marvel TV Shows
For the latest releases in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, keep an eye on Marvel’s official website. Here, you’ll find information about all the current episodic shows being shown on Disney Plus. However, it’s not the best place to find news about upcoming releases.
According to ScreenRant, these are the next Marvel tv shows coming after Loki:
- What If…? – Summer 2021
- Ms. Marvel – Late 2021
- Hawkeye – Late 2021
- Moon Knight – 2022
- She-Hulk – 2022
- The Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special – 2022
- Secret Invasion – TBC
- Ironheart – TBC
- Armor Wars – TBC
- A Black Panther spinoff set in Wakanda – TBC
In “Loki”, the God of Mischief is kept under lockdown by a mysterious agency responsible for the proper flow of our timeline. If you’ve got more questions about the show and how to watch it, check out the FAQs below for more information.
Spoilers! Following his theft of the Tesseract in “Avengers: Endgame”, the Loki from another timeline is apprehended by the Time Variance Authority (TVA). Responsible for all time and space, they monitor the timeline for events that could pose a threat to stability. We’re willing to bet that the God of Mischief will give them a run for their money.
The new Marvel series “Loki” is exclusively available on Disney Plus. This means that you need a paid Disney Plus account in order to be able to watch it. Unfortunately, if you live in or travel to a country where Disney Plus isn’t working yet, you won’t be able to access your account without some extra help. If you’d like to know exactly how you can watch all episodes of Loki, read our full article.
If you’re on holiday in a place where Disney Plus has not yet aired, you might find that you can’t watch Loki on the platform. It is possible to get access regardless of where you are in the world, with a VPN. Do keep in mind that you should always check your user agreement with the services you use to make sure you act in accordance. If you’d like to know more about how VPNs can be used to watch Loki worldwide, have a look at this article.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is expanding rapidly. There’s almost too much to fit into those action-packed movies already! Marvel has confirmed that stories within the universe will be progressed through both movies and episodic shows from now on. Die-hard fans should keep an out for both if they want to stay up to date.
The next Marvel tv show is a little different to the rest. Called “What If”, it’s actually an animated show adapted from the comics of the same name. These comic books used hypothetical scenarios to explore potential outcomes from timelines that never came true. Look out for characters like Nick Fury, Thanos, The Hulk, Thor, and Loki.