It’s no joke, there are secret Netflix codes that you can use to access hidden films and tv shows. The easiest way to browse these hidden categories is on your Windows PC or Mac. Just follow the steps below:
- Copy the following Netflix URL and paste it into your web browser without hitting enter: http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/.
- Choose a Netflix secret code that you’d like to use – there’s a full list in the article below.
- Paste the code onto the end of the URL in your browser.
- Now, you can hit enter.
- You should be able to see a hidden list of TV shows and movies in the category that you chose. Enjoy!
While we’re on the subject of hidden Netflix content, did you know that different countries offer different Netflix titles? You can access another country’s Netflix library by changing your IP address with a VPN. One of the best VPNs for Netflix is NordVPN.
Tired of scrolling through Netflix and seeing the same old recommendations? We’ve got a way for you to find hidden shows and categories through Netflix secret codes! Behind the scenes, there are hidden subcategories that you won’t find under any menus. To access them directly, you’ll need a secret code. With these Netflix secret codes, you can access a wide selection of awesome TV shows and movies you’ve likely never seen before.
What are Netflix Secret Codes?
When you scroll through the app, you’ll see a bunch of recommendations for what to watch on Netflix. You can browse by TV shows or films exclusively, or you can dive deeper into genres like Comedy, Horror, and Thriller. But in doing so, you’ve probably realized that pretty quickly, you exhaust your options. That carousel is limited and will only show so many recommendations.
Netflix has over 15,000 titles worldwide, but you’ve probably not even seen half of them, right? After all, the biggest Netflix library right now only has around 6,300 titles. Well, since Netflix libraries in different countries have different TV shows and films available, you’ll only ever see a selection of the titles offered.
You can access Netflix libraries in other countries to see more titles by using a VPN. However, we’ll discuss that later, further down in this article. For now, we’re talking about how to access hidden content on Netflix.
This is where Netflix secret codes come into play. In reality, they’re just numbers that represent additional categories you can find tucked away in that vast Netflix library. You won’t find them on the main menu when you boot up Netflix, but you can get to them by knowing about Netflix’s secrets.
How Do I Use Netflix Secret Codes?
You can use these Netflix secret codes very easily on your smart TV. Here’s what you have to do:
- Open the Netflix app on your TV.
- Go to Search.
- Write the code in the Search bar.
- The results will show up automatically.
However, if you are casting Netflix on your TV through a computer, the process is slightly different.
If you’re using a Windows 10 computer and have a Smart TV, you can follow the steps below:
- First, the boring configuration bits. You’ll need a smart TV that has Wi-Fi enabled. The television will need to be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Windows 10 computer. Both devices will also need to have Bluetooth enabled.
- Search for the “Connect” application on your Windows computer. Use the application to make sure that both your computer and your smart TV support “Miracast“.
- On your smart TV remote, press the “Home” or “Input” button and select “Screen mirroring” or “Project“, depending on the type of TV you have.
- On your Windows PC, go to settings and choose the “Devices” option.
- Choose “Add Bluetooth or other device“.
- Select “Wireless display or dock“.
- Choose your smart TV on the next menu to begin casting Netflix from your computer to your TV.
If you use your computer’s browser to navigate to the Netflix secret code you’re interested in first, you’ll be able to cast films and TV shows from that category directly to your smart TV!
Without further ado, here’s a full list of the Netflix secret categories you’ll be able to access with this neat trick:
|Category||Netflix Secret Code|
|Action & Adventure||1365|
|Action Sci-Fi & Fantasy||1568|
|Art House Movies||29764|
|Asian Action Movies||77232|
|British TV Shows||52117|
|Children & Family Movies||783|
|Classic Action & Adventure||46576|
|Classic Foreign Movies||32473|
|Classic Romantic Movies||31273|
|Classic Sci-Fi & Fantasy||47147|
|Classic TV Shows||46553|
|Classic War Movies||48744|
|Comic Book and Superhero||10118|
|Country & Western/Folk||1105|
|Crime Action & Adventure||9584|
|Crime TV Shows||26146|
|Cult Horror Movies||10944|
|Cult Sci-Fi & Fantasy||4734|
|Cult TV Shows||74652|
|Deep Sea Horror Movies||45028|
|Dramas Based on Books||4961|
|Dramas Based on Real Life||3653|
|Eastern European Movies||5254|
|Education for Kids||10659|
|Faith & Spirituality||26835|
|Faith & Spirituality Movies||52804|
|Food & Travel TV||72436|
|Foreign Action & Adventure||11828|
|Foreign Gay & Lesbian Movies||8243|
|Foreign Horror Movies||8654|
|Foreign Sci-Fi & Fantasy||6485|
|Gay & Lesbian Dramas||500|
|Independent Action & Adventure||11804|
|Jazz & Easy Listening||10271|
|Kids Faith & Spirituality||751423|
|Korean TV Shows||67879|
|Late Night Comedies||1402|
|Latin American Movies||1613|
|Martial Arts Movies||8985|
|Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling||6695|
|Middle Eastern Movies||5875|
|Military Action & Adventure||2125|
|Military TV Shows||25804|
|Movies Based on Children’s Books||10056|
|Movies for ages 0 to 2||6796|
|Movies for ages 2 to 4||6218|
|Movies for ages 5 to 7||5455|
|Movies for ages 8 to 10||561|
|Movies for ages 11 to 12||6962|
|Music & Concert Documentaries||90361|
|New Zealand Movies||63782|
|Rock & Pop Concerts||3278|
|Romantic Foreign Movies||7153|
|Romantic Independent Movies||9916|
|Sci-Fi & Fantasy||1492|
|Sci-Fi Horror Movies||1694|
|Science & Nature Documentaries||2595|
|Science & Nature TV||52780|
|Slasher and Serial Killer Movies||8646|
|Social & Cultural Documentaries||3675|
|Social Issue Dramas||3947|
|Southeast Asian Movies||9196|
|Sports & Fitness||9327|
|Spy Action & Adventure||10702|
|Steamy Romantic Movies||35800|
|Supernatural Horror Movies||42023|
|Teen TV Shows||60951|
|Travel & Adventure Documentaries||1159|
|TV Action & Adventure||10673|
|TV Sci-Fi & Fantasy||1372|
|Urban & Dance Concerts||9472|
|Vampire Horror Movies||75804|
|Werewolf Horror Movies||75930|
|World Music Concerts||2856|
|Zombie Horror Movies||75405|
How To Use These Secret Codes on a Computer
Using Netflix secret codes is a piece of cake. Once you know how to access these hidden movies and TV shows, it’ll only take you a few seconds and a couple of clicks to start browsing hundreds of hidden categories. If you’re using a Windows PC or Mac, then just follow the short steps below:
- Open the Netflix website on your computer.
- Go to the Search bar.
- Copy and paste or write the code you’re interested in into the search bar.
- The results will appear automatically.
If you encounter any issues using the method above, there’s another, older approach you can try. Just follow the quick steps below:
- Start by copying the following Netflix URL with CTRL+C (Windows) or CMD+C (Mac): https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/
- Paste (CTRL+V or CMD+V) the URL into your browser, but don’t hit enter right away.
- Find a Netflix secret code from the above list that you’re interested in.
- Copy the code from the table, then paste it into the URL bar in your browser at the end of the original URL.
- Now, your URL should look something like this: https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/3519. This one will take you to Teen Comedies, for example.
- Hit enter to view the hidden Netflix category of your choice!
Of course, this just shows you how to use Netflix secret codes on a computer. We’re willing to bet that a vast majority of you readers like to watch Netflix on a bigger screen, like a Smart TV, or using the Roku, Fire Stick, or even a games console. Below, you’ll find other popular ways to make use of these Netflix secret codes.
How to use Netflix secret codes on other devices
If you’re wondering how to use Netflix secret codes on Roku or how to use Netflix secret codes on the Amazon Fire Stick, the process should be largely the same. Simply open Netflix on your device, navigate to the search bar, and search for the code you want. The same goes for using Netflix secret codes on a Xbox or a PlayStation. If you have trouble accessing these hidden Netflix TV shows and movies on other devices, try the steps below instead.
Using a desktop computer, follow the steps to use Netflix secret codes on a phone, tablet, Roku, or Firestick:
- Copy and paste the following Netflix URL into your computer’s browser: https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/.
- Choose one of the Netflix secret codes in the above table.
- Copy the code from the table, then append it to the URL above.
- Now, you’ll have a URL that looks a little like this: http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/1492. This one’s good for Sci-Fi & Fantasy.
- Browse the Netflix hidden category until you find something you’d like to watch. When you do, choose to add the TV show or film to your list. This means it’ll be added to a bank of shows and films that you’ve “liked” for watching later.
- Switch to the Netflix application on your Firestick, Roku, or games console.
- Now, you’ll be able to find those hidden shows on your watchlist!
How to Watch Netflix with VPN
Looking for a Netflix VPN? If you’re trying to access the Netflix catalog for another country, or you can’t log into your Netflix account while overseas, you’ll need a VPN for Netflix. When you connect to a VPN, your IP address changes; your usual IP is replaced by the IP address of the VPN server you’re connected to. So, with a U.S. VPN server, you’ll appear to be browsing from the U.S. Similarly, with a Japanese IP address, you’ll get more Japanese flicks.
By changing your IP address, you’ll be able to access Netflix libraries in another country. Why would you want to unblock Netflix in other countries? Well, if you’re already thinking about accessing the Netflix secret codes, then chances are that you want to enjoy all the programs Netflix has to offer. Did you know that Netflix libraries vary in size based on country? Check out the table below as an example:
The best VPN for Netflix right now is NordVPN. While there are other strong VPN providers out there, NordVPN offers some of the best connection speeds and thousands of VPN servers worldwide. Check out the linked article for more information on watching Netflix with a VPN.
- Excellent protection and a large network of servers
- Nice and pleasing application
- No logs
Would you rather try your hand at unblocking Netflix without spending any money? One of our best free Netflix VPNs might help you out. We do have to warn you, however. Free VPNs are often blocked by Netflix, so if you want to go for a smoother experience, NordVPN is still your best bet!
The Netflix Secret Catalog Exists!
If you’ve heard the rumors of a secret Netflix menu, then the good news is that they’re true. With around 15,000 titles in its library, Netflix has more TV shows and films than it could possibly cram into the main menu that you see when you load the application. This is why you can use Netflix secret codes to dive deeper into the library and locate hidden Netflix shows. Alternatively, to really branch out, use a VPN for Netflix and you’ll be able to access Netflix libraries abroad.
Got more questions about Netflix secret codes and hidden menus? Check out our FAQ below. Just click on a question to reveal the answer.
The rumors are true! There are secret Netflix codes that you can use to access more than one hundred hidden categories of TV shows and movies. All you need to do is append the Netflix URL with a specific number that represents a certain category. Our full article contains a detailed list of Netflix secret codes to get you going.
- Copy the following Netflix URL: https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/
- Paste the URL into your browser, but don’t hit enter yet.
- Find a Netflix secret code from our full article.
- Copy the code and paste it onto the end of the above URL.
- Now, your URL will look like this, for example: https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/3519.
- Hit enter to start browsing!
Our full article contains a detailed list of Netflix secret codes to keep you busy!
Unfortunately, there’s no way to edit the Netflix URL from within the application on a smartphone or games console. Without access to the URL bar, you can’t force the application to display one of the hidden categories. However, technically, you can use Netflix secret codes on PS4 by adding films to your watchlist. Follow the process outlined in our full article to use the Netflix secret codes, add hidden movies and TV shows to your watchlist, then stream them on your games console.