The Alabama Crimson Tide takes on the Georgia Bulldogs for the 2022 CFP Championship Monday, January 10th at 8 pm (EST). If you’re outside of the United States you’ll probably have a hard time finding a good international stream to watch the game.
But you can actually access any US stream by installing a VPN and connecting to an American server to bypass geo-restrictions. Just follow the steps below:
- Find a reliable VPN provider. We recommend using ExpressVPN when streaming sports. They also have a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it for free.
- Install the VPN on your device. Just visit ExpressVPN‘s website, or click the box below.
- Create an account with ExpressVPN by following the on-screen instructions.
- Log into your VPN and connect to a US server.
- Launch your streaming service’s app or website to watch Alabama vs. Georgia on ESPN.
- If you don’t have one, we recommend FuboTV. FuboTV has ESPN, and with free trials available for both FuboTV and ExpressVPN, you can watch Alabama vs. Georgia for free if you time it right.
The only two teams left standing in college football return to the College Football Playoff National Championship this week for a long-awaited rematch. The Alabama Crimson Tide take on the Georgia Bulldogs in this intense final matchup Monday, January 10th at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Kickoff is at 8 pm (EST).
No. 1 ranked Alabama continues its dominant run, making its sixth national title game appearance in the last seven years. On the other hand, No. 3 Georgia makes their first since the 2017 season — losing to Alabama 26-23.
It’s sure to be a close matchup that fans won’t want to miss. But if you’re traveling, you might struggle to find a reliable stream to watch the game on Monday night. This mainly comes down to geo-blocking as college football is not broadcast in many countries outside the US. Luckily though, there is a way to get around this digital geo-fencing. All you need to do is change your IP address with a VPN.
How to Watch Alabama vs Georgia from Anywhere
Monday night’s CFP Championship Game is going to be a thriller that you don’t want to miss out on. If you’re traveling outside of the US and try to use your home subscription service (like SlingTV) to watch the game, you’ll be greeted with an error message saying: “This content is not available in your region.”
It can be frustrating, but there’s a reason for this. In order to get the broadcasting rights to show college football, media companies have to abide by a strict set of rules. One of these rules dictates where they are allowed to broadcast games. Since most college football games aren’t broadcast outside of the U.S, American websites use geo-blocking to prevent you from accessing the streams.
It comes down to the IP address
Websites use your IP address to determine whether your device needs to be blocked from accessing content or not. An IP address is a unique identifier, and one of its main jobs is to pinpoint your physical location. Luckily, there is a way that you can change your IP address and bypass geo-blocking by using a VPN.
A VPN is able to mask your location and trick the website into thinking that you are accessing it from within the US as opposed to your actual physical location.
Step-by-step guide: Watch Alabama vs. Georgia using a VPN
You can follow our quick step-by-step guide below to install a VPN on your device and find a stream so that you won’t miss out on any of Monday night’s action:
- The first step is to find a VPN provider. We can highly recommend ExpressVPN. They provide a stable connection that’s fast enough to stream the entire match without any lag or interruptions. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee that you can use if you’re just using the VPN to stream the game on Monday night.
- Download the VPN on the device that you’ll be streaming the game from. ExpressVPN can be found on all major app stores, or visit their website by clicking the box below and download it from there.
- ExpressVPNOur pickOur pickDeal:Great discount on annual subscription + 30-day money-back guarantee!From$6.679.5
- Very easy to use VPN
- Perfect for anonymous browsing, downloading, and streaming (i.e. Netflix)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- Create an account with ExpressVPN. You will need to create an account with them in order to use the VPN. You can do so by following the simple on-screen instruction.
- Log into your account and activate your VPN. Once it is up and running you will be able to choose which global server you would like to connect to. Remember to choose a U.S server if you want to access streams for Monday night’s game!
- Load up your preferred streaming service’s app or website and find the CFP championship!
- Enjoy the game! Are you pulling for the Bulldogs or Roll Tide?
Stream Alabama vs. Georgia CFP Championship Free
Since ESPN’s covering the CFP Championship this year, you’ll need to access their broadcast to watch the game. The easiest option is to use a free trial offered by paid streaming services such as YouTube TV, Hulu, and Sling. You simply need to cancel your subscription before your free trial ends.
If you’re outside the US, you’ll need a VPN that’s connected to a US server to sign up or sign into these platforms.
CFP Championship Streams
|Streaming Provider||Free Trial?|
|YouTube TV||2 weeks|
|Hulu + Live TV||7 days|
Can I Watch the CFP Championship with a Free VPN?
While you’re looking for a VPN to use you might come across some free VPNs. It might be tempting to use these to stream the game on Monday night, but it’s not recommended that you do so. Free VPNs come with some drawbacks that can have a huge impact on your viewing experience, and you may miss the game altogether!
Here are issues that free VPNs often have:
- Speed limits: This could lead to a lot of lag and buffering during your stream. Even if you have a fast internet connection, a free VPN may slow it down so much that it makes it impossible for you to stream the game.
- Daily data cap: The bandwidth limit is normally set at 500 MB per day. Considering the fact that streaming can use up to 1 GB per hour, you won’t be able to stream the full game by using a free VPN.
- Limited selection of global servers: In the majority of cases, US servers are not an option on free VPNs either, which will make it impossible for you to stream the game on Monday night.
If you set on using a free VPN to stream Alabama vs. Georgia on Monday night, you can check out our list of the best free VPNs. Also, remember you can always use the 30-day money-back guarantee that ExpressVPN has to offer and simply cancel your subscription after the game.
Alabama vs. Georgia: What to Expect
The Georgia Bulldogs have the best defensive record in college football this season, however, they’ll have a tough task at hand on Monday night. Some of the standout Bulldogs players to keep an eye on are Nakobe Dean (projected NFL First Round Draft Pick) Jordan Davis, Stetson Bennett IV, and Brock Bowers.
The Alabama team is loaded with talent this season, too, despite it not being their strongest team in the last couple of years. However, head coach Nick Saban has solidified his position as one of the best college football coaches of all time with Alabama consistently being near the top for the past decade. Standouts included Bryce Young, Brian Robinson, and Will Anderson.
The College Football Playoff Championship Game is taking place on Monday the 10th of January at 8 pm (EST). It’s expected to be a thrilling game with Alabama playing in their sixth final in seven years. They’ll be looking for another win over the Bulldogs in their sequel matchup.