X Games fans will be eager to watch the best athletes put on exciting Ski and Snowboard performances in Aspen, Colorado. The Winter X Games promises 21 hours of exhilarating action from January 21 though to January 23.
However, fans who are traveling outside the US may not be able to tune into their regular stream due to geo-blocking. The good news is you can simply follow the quick guide below and catch all of the 2022 Winter X Games action:
- Subscribe to a suitable VPN Provider: Our pick for watching the Winter X Games is ExpressVPN. It offers a vast network of servers, especially in the United States, as well as high speeds.
- Head over to the provider’s website, download and install the VPN application.
- Launch the app and connect to a server in the US, or the country where your stream is based.
- Go to your preferred streaming platform and watch all the Winter X Games stunts and tricks without any interruptions.
Snowboarding and skiing action sports return as the Winter X Games are back in Aspen, Colorado for the 21st consecutive year! The 2022 Winter X Games will play out from January 21st through January 23rd.
The Games will welcome back fans to Buttermilk Mountain, where the best action sports athletes will compete in 14 kinds of Ski and Snowboard events.
On Saturday, January 22nd, all eyes will be on the queen of X Games, Jamie Anderson, who will look to defend her double golds in Women’s Snowboard Slopestyle and Women’s Snowboard Big Air. Some of the other prominent events include the Men’s Snowboard and the Ski Big Air events.
How to Watch the 2022 Winter X Games from Anywhere
This year’s X Games will have 21 hours of exhilarating action where the world’s best athletes perform awe-inspiring stunts. Fans in the US can catch all the 2022 Winter X Games action on ESPN and ABC. Fans can take a Sling TV Orange subscription, which includes both ESPN and ABC, and stream all the Winter Games events on their favorite device.
A Sling TV Orange subscription usually costs $35 per month, however, fans can avail a three-day free trial of their service. This is perfect as you can watch the entire 2022 Winter X Games event in the trial period!
However, if you’re traveling outside of the United States, you might face some trouble finding a reliable stream. Your regular streaming platform, like ESPN, might be inaccessible due to geo-blocking. There are region-based restrictions that prevent you from using a streaming service from outside of a licensed region.
Geo-blocking uses your IP address to determine your location. If you are outside the States, chances are you won’t be able to stream the Winter X Games on your regular ESPN stream. Don’t lose hope just yet, as a virtual private network (VPN) offers the perfect solution. You can use a VPN to change your IP address and catch all the Skiing and Snowboarding action.
You can follow this simple guide below to access your preferred US-based stream:
A Step-by-step Guide: How to Stream Winter X Games 2022 from Anywhere
- Subscribe to a suitable VPN provider. For streaming action sports, we recommend ExpressVPN. It offers great speeds and has a vast network of servers around the world.
- Very easy to use VPN
- Perfect for anonymous browsing, downloading, and streaming (i.e. Netflix)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- Head over to the provider’s website and download the app.
- Install the app by following the on-screen instructions.
- Next, connect to a server in your home country, or where your stream is based. To watch the Winter X Games on your US-based stream, connect to a VPN server in the US. ExpressVPN has plenty to choose from.
- Go to your streaming platform and find the 2022 Winter X Games stream.
- Enjoy the skiing and snowboarding action from anywhere in the world!
You can even make use of ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee. Check out how you can avail an ExpressVPN free trial here.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch the Winter X Games?
You may have heard about free VPNs, which claim to offer the functions of premium VPNs but at no cost, and you might be wondering if they are a good option to stream the Winter X Games.
For high-stakes performance events like the Winter X Games, every second matters. You want the highest quality viewing experience to make sure you catch every trick and stunt. Isn’t that really what it’s all about?
Unfortunately, free VPNs have certain shortcomings, which make them less than ideal to stream action sports. Here are a few reasons why:
- Free VPNs usually have data limits. Once you exceed the limit, your stream quality is likely to drop sharply. It could even cause the stream to stop altogether.
- Free VPNs offer a limited number and variety of servers. Often, most of their servers are located in the same region. This is not ideal if your favorite stream is located in a different country. If the free VPN does not have a server based in the US, you won’t be able to access your Sling TV subscription.
- They also have speed limits. This could lead to a sub-optimal viewing experience despite having a fast internet connection.
If you’d still like to try out a free VPN, you can check out our rankings of the best truly free VPNs of 2022 to see which one would best suit your needs.
2022 Winter X Games Aspen Schedule
You can check out the detailed schedule of all the Ski and Snowboard action below. All times are in Mountain Time (UTC -07:00).
|Day and Date||Round||Match Timing|
|Friday, 21st January||Women’s Snowboard Slopestyle||10:30 AM|
|Friday, 21st January||Women’s Ski Big Air||12:30 PM|
|Friday, 21st January||Special Olympics Unified Snowboarding and Skiing||2:30 PM|
|Friday, 21st January||Snowboard Knuckle Huck||6:00 PM|
|Friday, 21st January||Women’s Ski SuperPipe||7:00 PM|
|Friday, 21st January||Men’s Snowboard SuperPipe||8:35 PM|
|Saturday, 22nd January||Women’s Ski Slopestyle||10:30 AM|
|Saturday, 22nd January||Men’s Snowboard Slopestyle||12:30 PM|
|Saturday, 22nd January||Women’s Snowboard Big Air||1:45 PM|
|Saturday, 22nd January||Women’s Snowboard SuperPipe||5:00 PM|
|Saturday, 22nd January||Men’s Ski Big Air||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, 22nd January||Men’s Snowboard Big Air||8:00 PM|
|Sunday, 23rd January||Men’s Ski Slopestyle||11:00 AM|
|Sunday, 23rd January||Ski Knuckle Huck||5:00 PM|
|Sunday, 23rd January||Men’s Ski SuperPipe||6:30 PM|
What to Watch Out for at the 2022 Winter X Games
One of the big stories at this year’s games is a heartwarming and awe-inspiring portrayal of perseverance and the human spirit. Trevor Kennison will become the first adaptive athlete to hit the big air jump at the X Games. Trevor was paralyzed in a snowboarding accident when he was 22 years old. He began adaptive skiing in 2015 and is now preparing for the 2022 Winter Paralympics in Beijing, China.
A documentary about Trevor’s life and journey, titled Full Circle, is expected to come out later this year. You can catch Trevor Kennison’s Big Air Jump at 3 PM (ET).