Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk will go head to head on Sept. 25th, 2021 in a heavyweight boxing bout for the ages. With three of the four heavyweight titles on the lines, boxing fans around the world will be eager to watch the bout live.
While the bout is being broadcast by DAZN in over 170 countries, the pricing of the pay-per-view may prove to be a bit much for several fans.
No need to worry though. You can use a VPN to change your server location to India and pick up a DAZN subscription for less than $1. Here’s how:
- Purchase a subscription to a reliable and fast VPN. ExpressVPN meets both these requirements and even has multiple servers in India.
- Download and install the VPN app that will work on your device from the provider’s website.
- Open the app and connect to a VPN server in India.
- Go to the DAZN site or app and get a subscription for Rs. 69 (< $1)
- Find the Joshua vs. Usyk event on DAZN. Enjoy the bout!
Anthony Joshua will defend his WBA, WBO, and IBF boxing heavyweight titles against Oleksandr Usyk on Saturday, Sept. 25 in the Tottenham Stadium, London. Joshua, who holds three of the four heavyweight titles, will look to cement his legacy as modern-day boxing great with another win. But Usyk is an experienced campaigner, and could very well spring an upset.
The bout is being promoted by Matchroom Boxing, which has recently signed a multi-year streaming deal with DAZN. As a result, the boxing match between Joshua and Usyk will be live-streamed on DAZN in over 170 countries.
Users who live in other countries could face some problems in enjoying one of the most anticipated bouts in recent memory. For instance, in the UK, users will need a subscription to Sky Sports Box Office to watch the boxing action. The Sky Sports subscription is pretty expensive, especially for someone who’s only interested in watching this particular bout.
Luckily, you can easily use a virtual private network (VPN) to change your server location and IP address and watch the Joshua vs. Usyk bout on DAZN for as little as $1. The rest of this article explains how you can set up a VPN to watch boxing action from anywhere in the world.
How to Live Stream Joshua vs. Usyk from Anywhere
Even though the Joshua vs. Usyk bout is being streamed in a large number of countries, some users may not be able to watch the bout due to the expenses involved. As we’ve mentioned, users in the UK would need to pay upwards of £24.95 just to watch this one event.
However, this is where a VPN comes in handy. It encrypts and reroutes your internet activity through an external server located in a different nation. By doing this, it makes the destination website believe that you’re actually based in the country where the external server is located.
You can use a VPN to switch to a location where the Joshua vs. Usyk bout is available for a much cheaper price. For instance, a month-long DAZN subscription in India costs only Rs. 69, which is less than $1.
Follow our step-by-step guide below to learn how you can set up a VPN to live stream the Joshua vs. Usyk boxing match at a considerable discount.
Step-by-step guide: Live Stream Joshua vs. Usyk for less than $1
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider of your choice. For the Joshua vs. Usyk fight, we recommend ExpressVPN as it has multiple servers in India which support the fastest VPN protocols.
- Very easy to use VPN
- Perfect for anonymous browsing, downloading, and streaming (i.e. Netflix)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- Download the VPN app that will work on your device. ExpressVPN runs on all leading platforms, in addition to SmartTVs and devices like the fire stick
- Install the downloaded app on your device. The ExpressVPN app comes with on-screen instructions which make installing it a breeze.
- Fire up the app and log in using the credentials you created on the website.
- Connect to a VPN server located in India or any other location of your choosing.
- Navigate to the DAZN site or app and find the Joshua vs. Usyk live event. You may need to purchase a subscription, which costs less than $1 in India.
- Enjoy the grueling boxing action!
Using a Free VPN to Live Stream Joshua vs. Usyk
You may have noticed that we recommended subscribing to a premium VPN, which requires you to pay a subscription fee. Now, you’re probably wondering why a free VPN can’t be used to live stream the heavyweight title bout?
While you can technically use a free VPN to watch the bout, your viewing experience will be incredibly poor due to the following reasons:
- Most free VPNs place limits on the data or traffic that can be used in a day. This means that your stream could stop a few minutes into the bout, which is less than ideal.
- A vast network of VPN servers is important since you’re looking for servers in specific countries where DAZN is available for cheap. The number of servers available on free VPNs is usually pretty limited.
- Streaming live sports action requires high internet speeds, especially if you’re watching a high-definition stream. But, the speeds on free VPNs are usually much slower than what you would otherwise get. This will likely result in long buffering times and poor quality streams.
- Since the servers will likely be full of other free users, it’s likely that your bandwidth will be extremely low. Watching the fight will simply not be possible this way.
If you’d still like to use a free VPN, do check out our rankings of the best truly free VPN providers in 2021. For those of you who’d like to use a premium VPN without paying, Express VPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee is a great option. You can pick up a subscription to ExpressVPN and cancel it after watching the bout to get all your money back, no questions asked.
Joshua vs. Usyk: Main Card Details
The heavyweight title showdown between Joshua vs. Usyk is undoubtedly the main attraction on the 25th of September. But a few other talented boxers will also be taking to the ring before the main event. The fight card will start at 6:00 PM BST (1:00 PM EST). The timing of the main event will depend on how long the other bouts take. However, it’s expected that Joshua and Usyk will begin their ring walks around 5: PM EST.
The details of all the fights on the main card are in the table below.
|Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk||Heavyweight|
|Lawrence Okolie vs. Dilan Prasovic||Cruiserweight|
|Callum Smith vs. Lenin Castillo||Light heavyweight|
|Maxim Prodan vs. Florian Marku||Welterweight|
|Cristopher Ousley vs. Khasan Baysangurov||Middleweight|
|Campbell Hatton vs. Soni Martinez||Lightweight|
What to Expect From the Main Event
Boxing fans are in for a treat as the main event will see two elite boxers go head to head over 12 rounds. Joshua is known for his athleticism and power, so Usyk will have to be wary of those quick blows. Usyk is moving up a weight class and is known for his fight intelligence and elusive footwork. It’ll be interesting to see which of the two contrasting styles prevails on Saturday.
The oddsmakers at Betway have Joshua listed as the favorite with odds of 1.40.