This weekend, the final matches of the French Open will take place. If you love tennis, then the finals of this prestigious tournament, also known as Roland Garros, is something you don’t want to miss! In the women’s singles, Barbora Krejcikova and Anastasija Pavlutshenkova will face each other. In the men’s, Novak Djokovic and Stefanos Tsitsipas will go head to head.
When are the Finals of Roland Garros?
For the women, the finals between Krejcikova and Pavlychenkova will begin at 11:00 local time (CEST) on Saturday, June 12, 2021. For the men, the final between Djokovic and Tsitsipas begins on Sunday, June 13 at 11:00 CEST.
Where Will the Roland Garros Finals be Broadcast?
Below, you’ll find a list of the official broadcasters that own the broadcasting rights for the Roland Garros finals.
|France||France.tv sport, Prime Video|
|Europe (all territories)||Eurosport|
|Europe (local broadcasters)||rtbf, SRG SSR, ORF, EPT, RTS, Televízia Markíza, PTC, Silknet, yle, Duo Media Networks, Česká televize, CYBC, BNT, PTPC, TVR, RTSH, RTCG, ServusTV|
|USA||NBC Sports, Peacock, Tennis Channel, Bally Sports,|
|Brazil||Band Sports, SporTV|
|North-Africa & Middle-East||beinSports|
|Sub-saharan Africa||SuperSport, Canal+|
|India||Star Sports Select|
|South-East Asia||Fox Sports|
|Japan||WOWOW, TV Tokyo|
If you’re in one of these regions, you might be able to use one of these local broadcasters. There is a chance that you’re going to need a subscription though.
If you want to watch Roland Garros from abroad (or even for free), you can use a VPN to gain access to (free) streams from another country, no matter where you are.
Watch the Roland Garros Final For Free
In some countries, the Roland Garros final is live-streamed for free, for example in the UK. Even if you are not in the UK you can access this live stream. To do this, you need a VPN to change your IP address to an IP address from the UK. With that IP address, you can then create a free account on the site itv, on which both the men’s and women’s finals will be broadcast live. If you choose a VPN with a money-back guarantee, you can get your money back after the event. This way, no matter where you are, you can watch the finals of Roland Garros for free!
Need help setting up the VPN to watch tennis for free? Then check out the step-by-step plan below.
Step-by-step plan: watch Roland Garros for free with a VPN
First of all, you need a VPN with servers in the United Kingdom. Also, it would be nice if you have a VPN with a money-back guarantee, so you can ask for your money back after the weekend and you don’t have to pay anything extra to watch the finals. The VPN we used to test the live stream on itv is ExpressVPN. It works great for this purpose and has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are interested in ExpressVPN, click the button below to go to their website.
Once you’ve chosen a good VPN and signed up for a (temporary) subscription, you can follow the steps below:
- Download the VPN and start it up.
- Log in with the account you created if necessary.
- Connect to a VPN server in the UK. With ExpressVPN you can do this by pressing the three bullets under “Selected Location” and then search for United Kingdom.
- Once the VPN is connected you need to keep it running in the background.
- Next, go to the itv website.
- Click on “Sign in” at the top right and then on “Sign up now”.
- Fill out the form (doesn’t have to be any real data except your email) and search Google for a randomly generated UK zip code.
- Then click “Submit.”
- In the confirmation email you’ll get, click on the link to complete the sign-up. You now have an itv account. If you did not get an email, click on a live stream on itv and you will get a prompt that you need to verify your email, if you click on that button you will still get the email.
- At the time of the final, make sure you have the VPN turned on to a server in the UK and go to the itv website. The women’s final will be broadcast on itv 4, the men’s final on itv 3.
If you’re a sports fan, you can also find information on our site about how to watch the UEFA Championship worldwide.