This weekend the long-awaited rematch between Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez and Juan Fransico Estrada finally takes place. The card will start on Saturday at 20.00 Eastern Time (United States). It’s been almost nine years since Chocolatito claimed a unanimous decision win over Estrada to retain his WBA junior flyweight title.
This time the two men will both be putting their belt(s) on the line. After all, this will be a WBA (Gonzalez), WBC and The Ring (Estrada) title unification fight. Both fighters are known for their action-packed fighting styles. Therefore, whoever walks away with the belts, this will likely be an incredible fight.
But what if you live in a region where you can’t watch the fight? DAZN will be broadcasting the fight live. However, their website says they won’t do so in Mexico and Latin America.
Fortunately, there is a way you could try to get access to this exciting fight: by using a VPN. Read on to find out how this works.
Watching Chocolatito vs Estrada with a VPN
DAZN, like virtually any other streaming service, can tell from your IP address in which country you are. So if you are in Mexico, for instance, you will get access to a version of DAZN that doesn’t broadcast the Chocolatito vs Estrada fight.
Luckily there is a way to change your IP address: by using a VPN. After all, a VPN can reroute your online traffic through an external server in, for instance, the Netherlands. Why the Netherlands you say? Simple. In the Netherlands, DAZN costs you only a bit over $2 per month (you can cancel at any time) whereas in the US this is $19.99.
Please do note, however, that we can’t guarantee you’ll get access to the fight with a VPN. More and more streaming services have started to actively block VPN users and DAZN is one of the most aggressive “VPN-blockers” around.
However, most VPN subscriptions are easily cancelled and offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. As such, in the worst-case scenario, you will only lose about $2, since DAZN can be cancelled at any time. Therefore, for true boxing fans, it’s definitely worth a try. Below you’ll find an easy guide to do so.
Watch Estrada vs Gonzalez with a VPN: a quick guide
- Get a subscription with a good VPN provider. We recommend using NordVPN. After all, this is a very affordable VPN with good streaming speeds and servers worldwide. Moreover, they offer dedicated IP addresses (for a small additional fee), which give you the best chance of getting around DAZN’s VPN-blocks.
- Excellent protection and a large network of servers
- Nice and pleasing application
- No logs
- Download and install the right VPN app for your device. This is very easy: simply press the orange button above and follow the steps.
- Open the NordVPN app and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to the right server using the handy map. If you want to use “DAZN Netherlands” for instance to save money, you have to click on the server in the Netherlands.
- Go to the DAZN website and, if you don’t have one yet, get a subscription. Please note your payment method might have to be specific to the DAZN version you are registering for.
- Go to the right DAZN page and enjoy the fight!
Please note: The Chocolatito vs Estrada fight card starts at 20.00 in the Eastern part of the US, but this might be a completely different time in your region of the world. Take this into account.