This Saturday, the 12th of June, the UFC has a treat in store for you with two title fights. Israel Adesanya will defend his middleweight title against Marvin Vettori in a rematch. Then, in another rematch, flyweight champion Deiveson Figueiredo will face Brandon Moreno again. This is bound to get interesting.
The event will take place at the Gila River Arena in Glendale (Arizona). The main card starts at 10 p.m. ET.
The event is aired by different broadcasters all over the world. In the U.S. you’ll need an ESPN subscription and in the U.K. you can watch the event through BT Sports 1. If you don’t have a subscription with one of these broadcasters, it can be quite expensive to watch the fight. Luckily, there is a way around this through a Dutch streaming service that broadcasts the event for free.
Watching the UFC 263 for Free
In the Netherlands you don’t need a subscription to watch the UFC. Dutch broadcaster Talpa has made the fights available online on the Kijk.nl website. Unfortunately, this stream is only available in the Netherlands, because in other countries different broadcasters own the rights to the UFC events. Fortunately, there is a way to watch the Dutch stream outside the Netherlands by using a VPN. Below we’ll explain how this works.
Using a VPN to Unblock Free UFC 263 streams
Streaming services often only have the rights to air certain movies or events in a specific country. The websites check your location based on your IP address. The IP address is unique to your internet connection and can tell a website where you are in the world. With a VPN you can take on a different IP address and pretend to be somewhere else. For instance, by connecting to a VPN server in the Netherlands you take on a Dutch IP and can access Dutch streaming services.
In this case you can use a VPN to access this Dutch UFC stream. However, there are many more uses for this VPN unblocking method. For instance, you can access the US Netflix library, anywhere in the world, with a VPN.
Easy Guide to Watch the UFC 263 for Free
By following the steps below you can easily set up a VPN to watch the UFC 263 this Saturday. We’ll use NordVPN as an example of a good VPN service, but you can check out our list of the best VPN’s here.
- Get a subscription with a good, affordable VPN like NordVPN. If your experience with the VPN isn’t agreeable you can always cancel it with their 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Excellent protection and a large network of servers
- Nice and pleasing application
- No logs
- Download the VPN app on your device
- Open the NordVPN app, log in and select a Dutch server
- Go to the UFC page on Kijk.nl (update: previous published link is NOT working anymore)
- Enjoy a livestream of this awesome event!
This method is likely to work for most UFC events in the near future. If you want to know more about watching the UFC with a VPN you can check out our article about UFC events.
The Main Card UFC 263
The main card fights start at 10 p.m. ET. Below you can find out who will be fighting who.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Marvin Vettori (Middleweight title fight)
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno (Flyweight title fight)
- Leon Edwards vs. Nate Diaz (Welterweight)
- Demian Maia vs. Belal Muhammad (Welterweight)
- Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill (Heavyweight)