PrivateVPN is one of the top VPNs on the market and one of the few that offers a seven-day free trial. However, the seven-day trial is not always available for use and more so it’s too short of a time to fully test the capabilities of the software.
That’s why we recommend the 30-day money-back guarantee plan that will allow you to assess the full capabilities of PrivateVPN for an ample amount of time.
This will allow you to make a good decision when it comes to committing to it in the long term. To try out PrivateVPN for 30 days, here’s how:
- Go to PrivateVPN’s website.
- Choose one of the three subscription plans, signup for an account using an email address and password, then pick a payment method.
- Download the PrivateVPN app for your device and log in using your email ID and password.
- Try out PrivateVPN for the next 30 days.
- Before your 30 days of the free trial are up, contact customer service to cancel your account and get your money back.
PrivateVPN is one of the best VPN services available today. It provides various cutting-edge security and privacy features, as well as great customer support. But, as with any other product, we realize that users may wish to test it first before committing.
In this article, we will walk you through simple step-by-step instructions on how to get a free 30-day or seven-day trial of PrivateVPN with a money-back guarantee.
Getting a Free Trial With PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN provides a 30-day money-back guarantee with a free trial. This means you’ll purchase one of the VPN’s plans for a month up front and get to use it without any restrictions.
Although PrivateVPN provides a seven-day free trial that does not require a credit card or any upfront payment, we think seven days is not enough to test a VPN and get to experience its full capabilities. That’s why we recommend PrivateVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee option.
This is a great option as it lets you fully test and enjoy the full capability of the VPN for 30 days. That’s more than enough time to figure out whether PrivateVPN is a good choice for you or not.
It’s critical for you to note that PrivateVPN guarantees a full refund within five business days if you cancel your subscription before the 30 days are over.
It’s essential to keep track of your subscription so you can cancel it before your 30 days are over and get your refund.
How to Get a PrivateVPN Free Trial Account (30 Days)
- Visit PrivateVPN’s official website.
- Select one out of the three plans available. Be sure to choose a plan that you’re comfortable paying the amount upfront.
- Create an account in the next section if you don’t already have one.
- In the final section, select your preferred payment option. The available options include credit cards, PayPal, or Bitcoin.
- Once your payment is complete, download the relevant app for your device. PrivateVPN supports Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Run the downloaded PrivateVPN app and log in.
That’s it! Your 30-day money-back guarantee trial has kicked off.
How to Get Your Refund from PrivateVPN
If you’re not satisfied with the service and you would like to get your money back, be sure to do it before the 30 days are up. To request a refund, follow the steps below.
- Visit PrivateVPN.
- Log in to your account using the email and password you used to sign up.
- Once logged in, click “Support” on the top left corner.
- Click “Contact Us” on the left to reveal the contact form.
- Fill in the form with your name, email, and a clear reason as to why you would like to cancel your subscription.
- Check your email for confirmation. PrivateVPN responds to tickets within 24 hours but usually, it takes less time than that.
- Then it takes up to five working days to process your refund.
It’s worth repeating that you should submit a request for a refund and cancel your subscription before the 30-days are up. Also, when submitting the request be sure to give a clear reason as to why you would like to cancel your subscription. This will hasten the refund process.
How to Get a Seven-Day Free Trial with PrivateVPN
If you don’t want to take advantage of the money-back guarantee and would rather not chase a refund, you can also choose PrivateVPN’s shorter, seven-day trial. The best thing is that this trial doesn’t even require a credit card. Here’s how to get it:
- Send an email to [email protected], stating that you’d like to try their seven-day trial.
- Wait until you receive a gift code.
- Go to PrivateVPN’s website.
- Use the gift code when you register your account.
The trial period will begin as soon as you register your account. It’ll work for seven days, giving you full access to all of PrivateVPN’s features. After, you can decide if you want a longer subscription.
Free VPN vs. Paid Options Like PrivateVPN
Free VPNs aren’t really the best choice, especially when you consider the limitations that you have to deal with. For instance, if you choose a money-back trial of a paid VPN, you get more features than a free VPN has to offer.
More importantly, a free trial will give you all the information you need to decide if this is the right choice for you or not. Some limitations that are common with entirely free VPNs include:
- Data caps that restrict your browsing needs. For example, most free VPNs only offer a few MBs or GBs per month, which are not sufficient for regular browsing such as streaming and downloading.
- Relatively limited choice of servers. Free VPNs usually offer a choice of two to three servers that wouldn’t be enough to bypass geo-restrictions on streaming platforms and shopping sites such as Amazon.
- Speed caps due to premium users getting priority which results in a very frustrating browsing experience.
- Generally limited choice of security protocols and features to choose from which gives you sub-standard protection for your activities online.
- Free VPNs generally offer no or relatively subpar customer support, which means in case you run into an issue, fixing it will be a problem.
Having said that, we recommend starting with PrivateVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee plan. After you’ve evaluated and liked the VPN, you may want to upgrade to one of its reasonable premium subscriptions.
Why You Should Use PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN has a variety of features that makes it attractive for any user. Besides it’s fantastic speeds and security, key features include:
- A vast network of 200+ servers in 63 countries, which is more than sufficient for bypassing geo-restrictions and accessing region-locked content such as Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer.
- Implements the latest security protocols such as OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, and IKEv2.
- A strict no-logs policy, which means your data is never logged by the VPN provider.
- Ultra-fast speeds coupled with the vast choice of servers make streaming content on Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming platforms a breeze.
- DNS leak protection to properly protect your browsing data, even from your ISP.
- It provides full P2P support with dedicated torrenting servers, a SOCKS5 and HTTP Proxy, and a host of customizable encryption options.
- 24/7 live support through live chat or ticketing that is very responsive.
- Works on numerous devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and routers.
PrivateVPN vs. Other VPN Providers
Despite the fact that PrivateVPN is a fantastic VPN, it’s not the only one. There are several other VPN providers that offer a free trial with a money-back guarantee. Other VPNs, as you might expect, provide a 30-day money-back guarantee too.
Other VPN service providers that offer a 30-day money-back guarantee include:
Do you have any questions about this simple process to get a free trial with PrivateVPN? Here are some of the most frequently asked questions that you should know about.
No. PrivateVPN offers a seven-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can only test out the VPN for a certain amount of time then you’ll be required to pay for a subscription. You can read our full article on how to get PrivateVPN free for a month.
To cancel your PrivateVPN free trial, here are the steps to follow:
- Visit PrivateVPN’s website. Log in with the credentials you used to sign up.
- Click on “Support” on the main menu. Then, click “Contact Us” to reveal a contact form.
- Fill out the form and provide a clear reason as to why you would like to cancel your subscription.
- If you’re still within the money-back period you will be refunded in less than five business days.
Yes. PrivateVPN has a seven-day free trial that you can go for. However, seven days is not enough time to fully test the capabilities of a VPN. That’s why we recommend the 30-day money-back guarantee option. Here’s how to get PrivateVPN free for 30 days with a money-back guarantee.