Are you interested in a free trial with CyberGhost? Follow the steps below to start your free trial today:
- Go to https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/.
- Click “Claim Your Deal” and choose a subscription*.
- Enter your email address and payment information and create your password.
- Download CyberGhost to your device.
- Log in to the service with your username and password to start using the VPN.
- Cancel your account within 14 or 45 days to get your full refund.
CyberGhost is a paid VPN provider that offers a wide range of features for your enjoyment. From dedicated servers for streaming and torrenting to seven simultaneous connections, CyberGhost VPN is a great choice if you’re looking for a good premium VPN. Still, you might want to try it out before you subscribe. Due to CyberGhost’s money-back guarantee, you can get a free trial of this service for up to 45 days.
If you’d like more information about CyberGhost, check out our review. Want to start that free trial directly? We’ll tell you exactly how to do this in our step-by-step plan below.
Getting a Free Trial with CyberGhost
It’s always nice to be able to try out a service before you commit to a paid subscription. CyberGhost doesn’t technically offer a free trial, but you can still try it out without losing any money. By using their money-back guarantee, you can use CyberGhost for up to 45 days for free.
CyberGhost has two different money-back guarantee periods. If you sign up for a yearly subscription or any plan that’s longer than six months, you’ll get a 45-day money-back guarantee. If you decide to sign up for the month-to-month plan, you’ll be eligible for a 14-day money-back offer.
In order to try out CyberGhost VPN and make use of their money-back guarantee, you need to make your initial payment when signing up for the service. You’ll get a full refund if you cancel your account within the timeframe of your money-back guarantee.
How to Get a CyberGhost Subscription for Free (45 Days)
If you want to try CyberGhost for free, you’ll have to create an account and then cancel it before your trial period is over. Not sure how to do that? We guide you through the process step by step, so you can get a CyberGhost free trial for either 14 or 45 days.
Watch out: if you get a CyberGhost subscription through the Apple App Store using in-app purchases, you won’t be able to use the money-back guarantee. Make sure you sign up via their official website instead.
- Visit https://www.cyberghostvpn.com.
- Click on “Get the Deal” (or a button with a similar message) and choose the subscription you’re interested in. Keep in mind: if you choose a subscription for one month, your money-back guarantee will be 14 days. If you choose a longer subscription (for one, two, or three years), you’ll have a money-back period that lasts 45 days. You’ll always have to pay the initial amount to get started with CyberGhost, but you’ll be able to get this money refunded later on.
- Choose your payment method, fill in your information, and enter your email address.
- Create your password to finalize your account.
- Download the CyberGhost software to your device.
- Log in to the service with your username and password.
- Pick a server or let CyberGhost choose the best one for you. Connect, and enjoy the service for the length of your money-back period.
- Before the end of your trial period, contact customer service and cancel your subscription to get a refund.
Important note: While you can use Bitcoin to pay for your account, it’ll likely be harder to get a refund with this payment method. We recommend you stick to credit card, PayPal, or Google Pay if you plan on canceling your account before the refund period expires. Also, if you are considering to take out a full length subscription to the service, you’ll save money if you sign up for a plan with a longer duration.
How to Get Your Refund from CyberGhost
Once you’ve enjoyed your CyberGhost free trial account for a couple of weeks, you have to decide whether you want to keep using it or not. If you want to cancel your account and get your money back, follow the steps below:
- Visit the CyberGhost website and go to the “Help” section.
- Click the blue support button found in the bottom right of the screen.
- Type in “get a refund” then click the blue “Live chat” button. (Note: the live chat function doesn’t seem to be online 24/7, so if this button doesn’t appear, we’d advise you to wait for an hour and then try again.)
- Fill in a name and your email, choose your preferred language, and write a message saying you’d like to cancel your subscription and get a refund. Then click “Start chat“.
- Ask the service agent to cancel your account.
- Provide the agent with the email address associated with your account. They might also ask for the order number of your subscription, so make sure you have that at the ready.
- Once they’ve confirmed that you’re eligible for the refund and that they’ll close your account, you can close the chat window.
- Check your account within five to ten business days for your refund.
When you cancel your account, you don’t need to give a specific reason. Just tell the service agent that you’d like to cancel and they’ll process the refund for you. The only thing you need to remember is that the refund policy date depends on which plan you decide to use. Make sure you know whether you picked the 14-day or the 45-day option and stick to those time limits. Otherwise, you won’t get a refund.
You can also email CyberGhost to request a refund, or fill in an online form on their website. However, live chat will allow you to directly talk to a CyberGhost employee, without waiting times. That’s why we’d advise using the live chat.
Free VPN vs Money-Back Period
You might think going through this process of getting your refund is quite a hassle. There are free VPNs on the market as well, which you’ll never have to pay for in the first place. Still, there are reasons for choosing a trial period, like with CyberGhost, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN, over a completely free VPN service.
One reason you might consider using the CyberGhost free trial instead of a free VPN is that you’ll get access to dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming. This means you’ll be able to unblock more content with CyberGhost, whereas most free VPNs aren’t able to get past any VPN blocks that websites like Netflix tend to have.
Additionally, premium VPNs generally have many more servers than free VPNs. Free providers are quite limited in the stability and range of servers they can offer. Adding to that, premium VPNs tend to be much faster, whereas free VPNs might slow down your connection.
Free VPNs usually come with all sorts of limitations that premium VPNs and free trials don’t have. They might have speed or data limits, for example, meaning you won’t be able to use your secure connection to its full extent. Moreover, most free services only allow you one connection at a time, whereas premium VPNs will allow you more (seven, in CyberGhost’s case), so you can protect both your smartphone and your laptop, for example.
Since you have to pay the initial amount of a subscription when starting your free trial, it might not seem like it’s free. However, you will get your refund if you contact customer support in time. The service and features you’ll get access to using the CyberGhost free trial will far exceed what you’ll typically find with a free VPN, making it worth a try.
Why You Should Use CyberGhost
CyberGhost has a lot of useful features that make it a worthwhile option to consider when you want to try a premium VPN. Some of these features include:
- Thousands of servers in many locations all over the world. CyberGhost has an extensive server network that is constantly changing and growing, so you’ll always be able to find the right server for your needs.
- Dedicated servers for streaming that will allow you to watch all sorts of content from Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and countless other streaming services.
- Up to seven simultaneous connections, allowing you to protect multiple devices at the same time. This makes CyberGhost a good VPN to use for the entire family.
- A strict no-logging policy, meaning CyberGhost will not save your online data or the websites you visited. Your online activities will remain more private.
- Optimized servers for torrenting, so you can download more anonymously and more safely.
- High-level encryption and DNS and IP leak protection. With the focus CyberGhost places on online safety and privacy, your online life will be much more secure, whether you’re at home on your Wi-Fi or in a café using a public network.
- Very user-friendly
- High quality for a low price
- Torrents and Netflix possible
You might wonder whether the money-back guarantee with CyberGhost is reliable enough. Some services claim to work with money-back guarantees, but don’t actually follow through on their promises. Their customer support might be impossible to reach, for example, or they might have all sorts of conditions before they will agree to give you a refund.
This isn’t the case with the CyberGhost free trial. As long as you’re within your trial period and have subscribed via their website, customer support will be able to arrange your refund in no time.
CyberGhost Versus Other Providers
CyberGhost isn’t the only high-quality VPN provider out there. Other services have incredibly nice features and offers as well. If you’re doubting between the CyberGhost free trial and a free trial with another popular service, our direct comparisons might be able to help you out.
Would you rather check out one of the many other VPNs on the market? Have a look at our comparison tool and our different reviews to find the perfect VPN for you.
Check out our frequently asked questions below to learn more about how to use the money-back guarantee to try CyberGhost risk-free!
While CyberGhost doesn’t offer a free trial, you can take advantage of their money-back policy to try out their service. If you choose a plan longer than six months, you’ll be able to use CyberGhost for 45 days and still get a full refund. If you pick the month-to-month plan, you have 14 days to get your money back. Would you rather have a completely free VPN without a trial period? Check out this complete guide to the best free VPNs.
To cancel your account, visit the CyberGhost website and click the support button in the bottom right of the screen. Tell the agent that you want to cancel your account and get a refund. If you’re within the money-back window, the agent will confirm the refund and process your cancellation. You can expect the money to be refunded to your account within 5 to 10 business days.
If you’ve been using the service for longer than the refund period allows, you can still cancel your account. Just remember you won’t get a refund. Read all about getting your refund from CyberGhost here.
You can use CyberGhost for free by signing up for one of their plans and canceling your account within the money-back timeframe. The monthly plan gives you 14 days for a refund. The longer plans come with a 45-day money-back guarantee. To learn what you can expect from CyberGhost, read our review.
CyberGhost doesn’t offer a free trial. However, you can try it for free by using the money-back guarantee. The length of the money-back period depends on the subscription you decide to sign up for when you create your account. The month-to-month plan gives you 14 days to try out the service and still get a refund. The longer plans each give you a 45-day money-back guarantee. You will need to pay upfront when you create your account. You’ll get a refund if you request it before the time limit expires.