Check out the steps below if you want to give Surfshark’s free trial a try:
- Go to https://surfshark.com/ and click on the “Buy now” button.
- Choose a subscription and enter your email address and payment information.
- Activate your account and create a password.
- Download Surfshark.
- Login to your account and enjoy the service.
- Cancel your account within 30 days to get your full refund.
Surfshark is a VPN that’s relatively new, but has already proven itself a great service. Their popularity is down to several factors, including Surfshark’s cheap subscriptions, their incredible usability, and the many extra features included with this VPN. To read about all this and more, check out our comprehensive Surfshark review. Would you rather try the service out yourself, without running the risk of spending money on a product you don’t like? Then keep reading and find out how you can get a Surfshark free trial.
Getting a Free Trial with Surfshark
Are you looking for a way to try out Surfshark without committing to a plan? Even though there is no free trial with Surfshark, you can take advantage of their 30-day money-back guarantee to give their services a try. If you dislike the service, you can simply ask for your money back within 30 days. Even if you’re completely satisfied, but don’t want to be stuck with a subscription, you can still request a refund within 30 days.
Getting a free Surfshark VPN trial is easy. All you have to do is sign up for the service, download Surfshark, enjoy your full access for a couple of weeks, and then ask for a refund before your 30 days are up. This will allow you to try out Surfshark completely risk-free. If you end up liking the service, you can simply keep your subscription, although this does mean you’ll be committed to the paid plan.
How to Get a Surfshark Subscription for Free (30 Days)
If you want to make use of Surfshark’s money-back guarantee, you need a subscription first. This means you’ll have to give your payment information and pay the initial fee, only to get it back when asking for a refund. This is how you can get Surfshark for free for 30 days:
- Go to https://surfshark.com/.
- Click the “Buy now” button and choose a plan. The money-back guarantee works on all plans, no matter the length. Just remember that, if you decide to keep the VPN after your trial period, the two-year plan will save you more money in the long-run.
- Enter your email address and payment method to create your account.
- Active your account by following the instructions in the confirmation email that’ll be sent to you.
- Create your password and make sure it’s a strong one.
- Download the Surfshark VPN software onto your device. You can do this on your Windows computer, but also on your smartphone by downloading the app from the App Store.
- Login to your account using your email address and password.
- Use the “Connect” button to automatically connect to the fastest server available, or simply choose your preferred server location from the list.
- Enjoy the service and don’t forget to contact customer support to ask for a refund before your money-back guarantee period is over.
Important: while Surfshark offers payments in cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin, we recommend choosing one of the other payment options if you mean to ask for a refund. Getting a refund when using cryptocurrency can come with all sorts of obstacles. Many cryptocurrency are meant to keep you more anonymous, after all, making it harder to get your money back as it’ll be hard to verify where the money came from in the first place.
How to Get Your Refund from Surfshark
If you still want to quit your subscription once you’re reaching the end of your free trial period, it’s time to ask for your refund. Follow these steps to learn how to get your money back from Surfshark and cancel your account:
- Visit the Surfshark website and click on “Support” in the bottom right corner.
- Click on “Live chat” and fill in your name and email address.
- Choose the “Surfshark VPN” department from the drop-down menu.
- Write a short message explaining you’d like to cancel your account and click the “Start Chat” button. You’ll be connected to a live support agent.
- Let the agent know you’d like a full refund.
- The agent will guide you through the process. They might ask for your account or payment information.
- Once they confirm they’ve canceled your account and the refund is processed, you can close the window.
- Check whether you’ve received the refund in the next seven to ten business days.
With Surfshark, you don’t have to give a reason for cancelling. This means you can get a refund with no questions asked. However, you do need to be within that 30-day window to get your money back. If your account is older than 30 days, you won’t be able to get a refund, even if you cancel your account.
Free VPN vs Money-Back Period
You may be aware of the many free VPNs available online. It might sound odd to choose a free trial based on a limited money-back guarantee over a free service. However, there are a number of reasons a paid VPN is a better choice than a free one, even if you’re just willing to use the 30 day free trial period.
First of all, a free trail with a premium service such as Surfshark (or ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or CyberGhost) will allow you to make use of all of their features. You won’t experience any limitations and you’ll have full access to the VPN’s entire server network, full speed, and unlimited data. You’ll also be able to use the VPN on multiple devices, for example on both your phone and your laptop, at the same time.
These three factors are often limited with a free VPN, where your server network might just consist of three servers (instead of thousands), you might be tied to certain speed limits, or you’ll only be able to protect a limited amount of data with the VPN. This can make streaming with a free VPN incredibly hard, if not impossible.
It’s true that using Surfshark’s money-back guarantee is a little bit more of a hassle than just downloading a random free VPN. You can, however, be sure that Surfshark is a trustworthy VPN provider with great options, which isn’t always the case with free VPN apps. This makes using the money-back period an attractive option for people who are looking to try out a decent VPN without running the risk of losing money.
Why You Should Use Surfshark
Surfshark has a number of great features that make it a good choice when you’re looking for a new VPN service. Here are just some of the reasons you should consider using Surfshark:
- It has thousands of servers all over the globe and continuously refreshes them, so you won’t run into VPN blocks very often.
- Surfshark has a strict no logs policy, meaning they don’t save your personal information or IP address and try their best to keep your online data as anonymous as possible.
- It can be used on an unlimited number of devices. This means you could share your Surfshark VPN account with your entire family, on all of your devices, without ever running into a limit.
- The servers work with multiple streaming services, including Netflix (allowing you access to the Netflix library of different countries), Disney Plus, BBC iPlayer, and even countless local and sports streams.
- Surfshark uses advanced security protocols and AES-256-GCM encryption, ensuring that your data is secure and can only be read by those who are meant to see it.
- It offers extra features, including a Whitelister, adblocker, MultiHop system, and a GPS spoofing option on Android.
- Very user-friendly and works with Netflix and torrents
- 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked!
- Cheap with many extra options
Some VPNs claim they offer a money-back guarantee, but don’t actually follow through when you ask them for a refund. They might come up with some excuse and say that you have used up too much data to be able to apply for a refund, or their customer service might be so bad that you can’t even reach them before your money-back period is over.
This won’t happen with Surfshark: they have great customer support that’s available 24/7. They will handle your request with care and follow through on their promises. You can trust that Surfshark will give you your refund, as long as you’re within the trial period and contact them with the right information.
Surfshark Versus Other Providers
Surfshark isn’t the only great VPN which offers a free trial based on their money-back guarantee. If you want to see how this provider holds up against some of the best VPNs in the world, you can check out our comparisons:
If you’d rather try out one of the many other VPN services on the market, go to our comparison tool. We review all aspects of these VPNs, so you always know which one will suit your needs best.
Learn more about Surfshark’s money-back guarantee by clicking one of the frequently asked questions below!
Surfshark doesn’t have an unlimited free trial, but you can use their 30-day money-back guarantee to try out all of their features without losing your initial payment. Simply choose a subscription and get your money back by asking Surfshark for a refund within the first 30 days. If you’re looking for a free VPN (without a 30-day limit), check out our complete guide to the best free VPNs.
Go to the live chat feature on the Surfshark website and tell the customer service agent that you’d like to cancel. If you’re within 30 days of activating your account, you can get your money back. Otherwise, you can still cancel your account but you won’t be eligible for a refund. Want to know how you can ask for a refund step-by-step? Read our full guide right here.
You can use Surfshark’s 30-day money-back guarantee to try out this VPN. All you need to do, is create an account on Surfshark. You will initially need to pay for the plan you sign up for, but you’ll get that money back if you cancel your account within 30 days. To learn about what you can expect when using Surfshark, check out our full review.
Surfshark doesn’t offer a free trial. Instead, they give you a chance to try their services with their 30-day money-back guarantee. These 30 days are a great way to find out whether Surfshark is a good fit for you. You can sign up to any of the subscription options and still get your money back as long as you contact customer support within the 30-day limit.