If you want to get a free trial with ExpressVPN, simply follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.expressvpn.com/.
- Choose “Get ExpressVPN” and pick your plan*.
- Follow the steps to create your account.
- Download ExpressVPN to your device.
- Activate your account.
- Before your 30 days of free trial are up, contact customer service to cancel your account and get your money back.
ExpressVPN is one of the most popular VPNs of this moment – and also one of the very best. With their blazing fast speeds and excellent support, ExpressVPN has you covered no matter what your needs are. To learn more about ExpressVPN, check out our complete review. Do you want to get an ExpressVPN free trial without losing any money to a subscription? Then keep reading!
Getting a Free Trial with ExpressVPN
Even with all of the acclaim surrounding ExpressVPN, we understand why you might want to try it for free before you start paying to use the VPN. Although ExpressVPN doesn’t have a full free trial, they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can use this to give the service a try before committing.
In practice, this means you’ll need to sign up for ExpressVPN and pay the initial cost of the plan of your choice. If you then cancel within 30 days, you’ll get a full refund, meaning you won’t have spent a penny. This way, you can try out ExpressVPN’s full range of services to see if it’s a good fit for your needs.
How to Get an ExpressVPN Free Trial Account (30 Days)
Getting a free month of ExpressVPN is very easy. All you have to do is create an account, enjoy 30 days of full access, and then ask your money back within that 30-day period. Installing ExpressVPN is easy. Simply follow these steps to use the ExpressVPN free trial for 30 days:
- Visit https://www.expressvpn.com.
- Click on “Get ExpressVPN” and choose one of the different plan options. It doesn’t matter which plan you choose for the 30-day money-back guarantee, but remember that you will have to pay the initial amount to start using the VPN.
- Enter your email address and choose valid payment method. ExpressVPN offers various method depending on your location.
- Copy the activation code from your dashboard.
- Download ExpressVPN to your device and open it.
- Paste the activation code into the text box that pops up.
- Login to your account with your username and password.
- Find the server you’d like to use and click to connect.
- Before your 30 days are up, cancel your subscription through live chat support.
Important note: Getting your refund will be a lot harder if you choose to pay with Bitcoin. This is because of the anonymity that comes with this kind of payment. If you don’t plan on using the service past the 30-day period, we recommend you sign up using PayPal or one of the accepted credit cards.
How to Get Your Refund from ExpressVPN
So, you’ve enjoyed full access to ExpressVPN’s services for a couple of weeks and now you want your money back. How do you do that? It’s simple:
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and open the 24/7 live chat. You can find this chat by clicking “Support” at the top of the page and then “Contact Support”. Alternatively, you can click the “Need help? Chat with us!” message in the bottom right of the screen.
- Tell the chatbot you want to cancel your account. The chatbot will transfer you to a customer service agent.
- Let the agent know you want to cancel and tell them how you paid for the service. The agent will cancel your account for you.
- Once they’ve confirmed your account is canceled and the refund is being processed, you can close the window.
- Wait up to seven business days for your money to be deposited back into your account.
Your customer service agent might ask why you’ve decided to cancel. You don’t necessarily have to give a solid reason in order to get your account cancelled. Just saying you’ve decided to stop your subscription is enough.
Do, however, make sure that you cancel your account before the 30 days are up or you’ll be out of luck when it comes to getting your money back. The thirty days will start counting from the exact moment you subscribe, so keep that in mind!
Free VPN vs Money-Back Period
You might be wondering why you would want to use a paid VPN when there are free ones available. The advantage of the money-back period with ExpressVPN is that you can try out all of their services without any limitations. Free trials are typically a reduced example of what you can expect from the full paid service, which makes it difficult to judge whether the VPN is a good fit for you.
Aside from that, the reliability of free VPNs is usually far less consistent, meaning you might have to deal with lagging internet speeds. ExpressVPN, on the other hand, is known for its consistently fast connections.
Moreover, paid VPNs, like ExpressVPN, have a larger network of reliable servers. This means you have much more choice when it comes to picking a location worldwide. Whether you want to go online as if you were in the USA, Italy, South Africa, or Japan, ExpressVPN has you covered. Free VPNs, for the most part, aren’t able to provide as many servers.
Finally, paid VPNs generally also offer more comprehensive customer support than free VPNs. ExpressVPN’s support is available all day, every day. If you ever face some kind of issue with your VPN, they’ll be there to help you out. This same level of service isn’t usually offered by free VPNs.
Using the money-back guarantee of any service means you will have to pay at first. Therefore, it might not seem like it’s free. However, since you will get your money back in the end, we would advise this over using a free VPN if you want the full premium experience.
Why You Should Use ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is an excellent service that rarely disappoints. To sum it all up, here are some of their best features and options included in a subscription:
- Unlimited bandwidth and data on all servers.
- 24/7 customer support through live chat, with accurate and fast replies.
- Ultra-fast and stable VPN servers.
- Works on countless devices, including Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Linux.
- Encryption and leak proofing for the very best protection of your online data, including AES-256 encryption.
- Strict no log policy: ExpressVPN operates from the British Virgin Islands, which has great privacy laws, and uses RAM-servers, which makes keeping logs on their clients impossible.
- Thousands of servers in over 90 countries, with multiple locations in many of those countries.
- Works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Disney+, HBO GO and countless other streaming services.
- Very easy to use VPN
- Perfect for anonymous browsing, downloading, and streaming (i.e. Netflix)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
Using ExpressVPN’s 30-day free trial (using the money-back guarantee) is risk free and an especially smart move if you’re looking to temporarily get access to all of these features without spending a cent. Some VPN providers claim to offer money-back guarantees, but don’t actually do so in practice. Their customer support might be impossible to contact, for example, or they might only offer the guarantee in specific cases, depending on the amount of data you’ve used.
ExpressVPN doesn’t do this. If you cancel your subscription within the designated 30 days, you’ll get your money back. This makes ExpressVPN a trustworthy choice in any case.
ExpressVPN Versus Other Providers
Want to see how ExpressVPN performs in comparison to other popular VPN services? We compared this VPN to its biggest rivals to show the differences and determine which is the better option. You can read all about it here:
These providers also give their users the opportunity to try out their service by using their money-back guarantee. If you’d like more information about that, you can read these articles:
Aside from these services, there are many other VPNs around. If you’d like to learn more about those and perhaps get a subscription with them, have a look at our comparison tool.
Do you have questions about using ExpressVPN or how to get the risk-free period? Check out our FAQ!
Even though ExpressVPN doesn’t offer a free version, you can try it for free for thirty days. To do this, you’ll have to make smart use of their money-back guarantee. This 30-day money-back offer is available on any ExpressVPN plan and is a great way to find out whether ExpressVPN is the VPN provider for you. Are you looking for a completely free VPN? Then check out our list of the best free VPNs.
If you want to cancel your ExpressVPN account, you just need to use the live chat feature on the ExpressVPN website. Once you’re connected to an agent, tell them you’d like to cancel your account. If you’re still in the 30-day money-back period, you’ll get your money back. Otherwise, your account will be canceled, but you won’t get a refund. For more detailed instructions, click here.
If you want to use ExpressVPN’s 30-day free trial, you need to create an account on their website. Once you’ve signed up, the 30-day money-back time period will begin. Make sure to contact customer support in time in order to cancel your subscription and get your money back! If you do this right, you’ll be able to use ExpressVPN for free for 30 days. To find out what you can expect from ExpressVPN, check out our complete review of this VPN.
ExpressVPN doesn’t offer a free trial. Instead, they have a 30-day money-back guarantee you can use to try out their services. Although you will have to pay for your subscription initially, you will get your money back if you cancel that subscription within 30 days. This will essentially give you a free ExpressVPN trial. This guide will tell you exactly how to do this.
To get your refund from ExpressVPN, you have to make sure you’re within the 30-day window so that the money-back offer applies. If it has been less than 30 days since you started your subscription, simply connect with the live chat window on the ExpressVPN website to request your refund and cancel your account.