Do you want to stream college football from anywhere? You can catch all of the gridiron action of American college football games online by following these quick steps:
- Create an account with a VPN provider. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download the NordVPN software onto your device.
- Navigate to a server in the US or Canada that offers college football streams (like Blue Sky Conference on PlutoTV) and connect.
- Open the stream and enjoy your favorite college football game!
We recommend NordVPN for unblocking and streaming college football:
The American college football season tends to bring one thing to mind for most fans: football watch parties with friends and family. From buffalo wings to touchdown dances, watching college football is a full event in the States. But what if you’re traveling away from your hometown or live outside of your favorite team’s state or even the US? How do you catch all of the gridiron action? If you’re looking for the 2021-2022 college football season details or a way to watch your favorite college football game, read on.
How to Watch College Football Without Cable
If you have cut cable or are unable to access your normal cable connection, there are still several ways to watch college football live:
- Watch college football on television. Whether you have access to cable or not, you probably still can access a local TV channel via an antenna. Unfortunately, this isn’t an option in most countries outside of the USA.
- Watch a regional college football live stream. Both the US and Canada have streams available for select NCAA football games. In the US, streamers such as Fox Sports have broadcasting rights and offer streams of college football games. While in Canada, providers such as DAZN stream American football games.
- Use a VPN to watch college football games. If you find yourself outside of the US or Canada or you live outside of a region that broadcasts the specific NCAA game you want to watch, you can still catch all of the action. If you use a VPN (Virtual Private Network), you can bypass geographical restrictions to watch free local streams of college football. With a broad range of servers, NordVPN is a great option to choose to stream college football online:
- Excellent protection and a large network of servers
- Nice and pleasing application
- No logs
How to Stream NCAA Football for Free from Anywhere
If you want to watch American college football free streams from anywhere, your best bet is to leverage the power of a VPN. While VPNs that offer the servers and speed required for quality streaming are not free, they are the optimal choice to make sure you never miss a play. NordVPN provides a large number of servers, impressive speeds, and a user-friendly set-up, all of which provide their customers with an amazing football watch party experience.
Streaming college football with a VPN
With the NCAA season already underway, follow the below steps to start streaming college football with a VPN this Saturday:
- Find the right VPN for your college football streaming needs. We recommend NordVPN.
- Purchase your subscription, create your account, and download the NordVPN software.
- Run the NordVPN app and sign into the account created in the previous step.
- Choose the applicable VPN server located in the region broadcasting the college football game live streams. For example, Fox Sports might carry the Florida Gators vs Tennessee Volunteers game. Connect to the Miami, FL server to lessen the risk of experiencing geoblocking at kickoff.
- Navigate to the stream’s URL. If you have a cable subscription, Fox Sports is our recommendation for NCAA football games.
- Grab your favorite snacks, start the stream, and enjoy the game!
Where to Watch College Football for Free
Watching college football is something typically only enjoyed by Americans and Canadians. This along with geographical restrictions means limited global streaming options. Fortunately, there are still a lot of college football streams online and on streaming apps available around the globe with a VPN. While no free option will give you access to all college football games, there are free college football streaming platforms that can provide you with the most games without an additional cost.
Free college football streams
|ABC Sports||AAC, ACC, Big 12||Free with a cable or Hulu subscription|
|ACC Network||ACC||Free with a cable, SlingTV, or Hulu subscription|
|Big Sky Conference||Various||PlutoTV|
|Big 12 Digital Network||Big 12||Audio and some video|
|CBS Sports||SEC||Available in the US|
|Fox Sports||Big 12, Big 10, Pac-12, SEC||Free with a cable or Hulu subscription|
|MAC Digital Network||Mid-American||Audio and some video|
|Mountain West Network||Mountain West||Online, YouTube, and Twitch|
|Pac-12 Networks||Pac-12, Mountain West||Online, FuboTV, and SlingTV|
|RDS||Most ESPN Games (Canada)||Online with Cable Subscription (French)|
|SEC Network||SEC, Sun Belt||Online and ESPN with Cable or Hulu Subscription|
|Stadium||Conference USA||Online, FuboTV, and Twitch|
|TSN||Most ESPN Games (Canada)||Online with Cable Subscription|
Paid NCAA college football streams
|DAZN Canada||Pac-12 Conference|
|ESPN||Most Games Except FBS|
|FuboTV||CBS Sports Network, Big Ten Network, FOX Sports, and Pac-12 Networks|
|Hulu with Live TV||ACC, Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sport 1 and 2, and SEC Network|
|Sling TV||ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, ACC Network, NBC Sports,SEC Network, SEC Network+, Pac-12 Networks, and ESPN U|
|YouTube TV||Big Ten Network, CBS Sports, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, and SEC Network|
The Best VPN to Watch College Football Online
If you want to watch your favorite college football team beat their rivals outside of the US or Canada, you’ll need a fast VPN with the right servers. When choosing a VPN provider for streaming college football online, it’s important to choose one with servers in the regions where the games are broadcast. Additionally, you’ll need a VPN provider with fast, reliable connections to ensure you never miss the action. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself blocked by geo-restrictions or missing plays due to buffering.
Lastly, when choosing a VPN for streaming college football games, choose a provider with a user-friendly installation and interface. That way, you don’t spend hours on installation or connecting to the right servers and end up missing the big game. Based on these criteria, we’ve chosen a few great options below to watch NCAA college football from anywhere.
We wanted to also mention that while there are also free VPNs with American or Canadian servers, these VPN providers typically have data or speed limits. This makes them not the best option for watching college football live online.
1. NordVPN for streaming college football
NordVPN is one of our top 5 VPN providers because of its speed and security. It is known for its excellent service, reasonable prices, and impressive amount of servers. Additionally, NordVPN offers their customers a 30-day money-back guarantee to give them time to test out the service. NordVPN has a decent number of servers in the U.S, which means they’re perfect for streaming college football.
- Excellent protection and a large network of servers
- Nice and pleasing application
- No logs
2. Surfshark for watching college football
Surfshark is another great VPN provider for watching college football (or any other sport) live. Surfshark is a fast VPN option with enough US servers to stream college football without an issue and works with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
If you don’t have a US bank, you can still leverage Surfshark for streaming American college football. They accept more payment options than others, including Paypal, credit card, and cryptocurrency. Additionally, Surfshark offers a 100% money-back guarantee for your first 30 days if you’re not satisfied with their services.
Even with all of that, one of the best features about Surfshark is its ability to activate unlimited simultaneous connections. This means you can use Surfshark to connect from your smart TV, laptop, phone, and tablet all at the same time. Now, that’s the way to stream football from anywhere.
- Very user-friendly and works with Netflix and torrents
- 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked!
- Cheap with many extra options
3. IPVanish for college football streaming
IPVanish is one of the fastest VPNs available currently. Buffering with IPVanish is almost non-existent which makes it a great option for streaming live sports. But that’s not even the biggest reason IPVanish is in our top three for watching NCAA games online. With their 1236 North American servers, you will be hard press to find an NCAA college football stream that you can’t access.
While IPVanish doesn’t offer a 30-day money-back guarantee like NordVPN and Surfshark, but they do offer a 7-day money-back guarantee and discounts for extended plans. Try out the service for this weekend’s game and see if IPVanish is the right choice for you!
- Super fast VPN
- Torrents possible
- Logs! And Netflix doesn't always work
Why Should You Use a VPN to Stream NCAA Games?
While VPNs are a must-have to stream college football from anywhere, the benefits of using a VPN don’t stop there.
- Anonymous Browsing – VPNs offer anonymity in today’s online world. By directing the user’s internet traffic through their encrypted VPN server, users are provided with an IP address not connected to their personal device. Instead, they appear to be connecting from a different system, country, or even continent. This allows you to browse the internet without having your browsing data sold to the highest bidder.
- Unlocking Content – While the United States doesn’t censor most websites, other countries routinely block access to certain websites, services, or even social media. Additionally, content can be blocked because of streaming rights, which means if you travel, you might not have access to your favorite shows or sporting events. A VPN is the best way to get around these restrictions. And since VPNs obscure the user’s location and encrypt their traffic, governments and businesses cannot track you online.
- Online Security – On top of anonymity from marketing companies, VPNs provide users with another level of security when surfing the web. Our everyday online activities, such as online shopping, social media, and even reading articles, give cybercriminals a large amount of personal information to use against us. However, you can use a VPN to hide your location and encrypt your information, reducing the possible information left behind for cybercriminals.
College Football Season Schedule
The 2021-2022 college football season runs for 15 weeks from August 28 through January 14th, ending with the College Football Playoff National Championship Game. With a VPN, you don’t have to worry about missing a single game, no matter where you are!
Do you have any questions about streaming NCAA college football games online? Below are some of the most common questions.
There are several broadcasters that offer free college football streams with or without subscriptions to streaming providers. These include:
- ACC Network
- ACC Network
- Big Sky Conference
- Big 12 Digital Network
- CBS Sports
- Fox Sports
To see other free college football streams providers and find out how to watch them from anywhere, read our full article.
You can watch college football live with several paid and free stream providers. These include Fox Sports, CBS Sports, ESPN, SlingTV, Hulu with Live TV, and FuboTV. Watching live college football without cable is possible with these providers and more. To learn more, read How to Watch College Football Online from Anywhere.
To stream the SEC Network for free, watch on the SEC website, secsports.com or on ESPN with your cable or Hulu subscription. To learn how to stream the SEC Network from anywhere, read How to Watch College Football Online from Anywhere.