Getting a Belgium IP address is simple. Just follow our step-by-step guide to unblock Belgian websites including TV channels and streaming services:
- First, choose a VPN and start a subscription. We recommend ExpressVPN for a Belgian IP address.
- Download the VPN provider’s software from their website and install it. Or, use the mobile app.
- Run the VPN software or open the mobile application, then log into your VPN account.
- Use the software to find a Belgium VPN server.
- Connect to the server to change your IP address to a Belgian IP!
Want to know how to get a Belgian VPN IP address and access Belgian websites in just a few minutes? All it takes is a VPN (virtual private network) that you can use to connect to a Belgian VPN server. By connecting to a VPN server in Belgium, you automatically change your IP address to the same IP as the server. This cloaks your original IP address and replaces it with a Belgian IP, which brings a host of benefits.
Firstly, you’ll be able to unblock Belgian TV channels, and you’ll also be able to unblock Netflix and other streaming platforms available in Belgium. What’s more, it’ll be harder for third parties to track what you’re doing online.
Normally, your IP address would give away your location to any hacker who decides to snoop on your network. However, with a VPN, your IP will be cloaked, and your downloads will be anonymized.
How to Get a Belgian IP Address From Anywhere
First off, you’re going to need a VPN. Don’t worry if you haven’t used one before – it’s incredibly easy. The software installs within minutes, and once it’s done, you are good to go! With the top VPNs we’ve recommended in this article, you can either use the desktop application or download a mobile app for iOS or Android.
Once you download, install, and connect to a Belgium VPN, you’ll have the same internet freedom as a Belgium citizen. What’s more, you can switch to VPN servers in any other country, unblocking websites in Germany, Japan, and Brazil for example! This is just the start, as VPNs come with a whole lot of other advantages too.
So, without further ado, read on to find out how to get a Belgium VPN.
How to get a Belgium IP: Our step-by-step guide
- Choose a VPN provider and get a subscription. Our best VPN for a Belgium IP address is ExpressVPN. However, you can use another if you like. Surfshark has lower subscription fees with great connection speeds.
- Download the VPN software from the company’s website and install the client once your download completes. You can use ExpressVPN on Windows, Mac, and Linux. There’s also a really user-friendly app for smartphones.
- Run the VPN software and log into the account you created when you subscribed.
- In the VPN software client, choose a Belgian server and connect to your chosen server.
Once you’re done, you should be able to bypass website blocks in Belgium! If you want to be certain, you can check your IP address using our handy tool.
Free vs. Paid VPNs
If you’ve done a little research on which VPN to use, you’ve probably noticed that there are free VPNs and paid VPNs. While it might be tempting to choose a free VPN, hold off for a moment and consider our advice below:
- Most free VPNs have data limits, which restrict how much you can use the VPN. On the other hand, paid VPN servers offer unlimited bandwidth. If you want to watch Belgian TV online or stream, you’ll need to avoid data caps.
- You might not find a VPN server in Belgium when you’re using a free VPN. Free VPNs typically have a limited selection of servers.
- Free VPN connections are slower when compared to paid services. With a slower connection, you’ll find it hard to stream any media or download large files. Downloads will take longer, and you could be stuck staring at a buffering wheel on movies and TV shows.
- Your data could be logged if you’re using a free VPN. There have been cases of some VPN providers selling data on or handing it to the authorities, even when they claim not to store user data!
Still, perhaps you’re thinking about testing out some free services. If so, you should cast your eyes over our rundown of the best free VPNs to make sure that you’re choosing a safe and reliable provider.
However, if you want to subscribe to a VPN service, you should check out our best VPN for a Belgium IP: ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is a verified no-logs VPN provider, one of the fastest VPNs you’ll find, and supports 94 countries around the world.
- Very easy to use VPN
- Perfect for anonymous browsing, downloading, and streaming (i.e. Netflix)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
You’ll find our pick of the best VPNs to get a Belgium IP further down this article. All three options are fast enough to stream or watch Belgian TV channels online.
Is Using a VPN to Get a Belgium IP Safe?
Using a VPN to access the internet is safer than going online with your IP address on display for everybody to see. Once you understand more about how a VPN works, you’ll see why they’re not only safe, but a necessity for online privacy! If you’re unsure about whether a VPN is legal to use in your country, check out our guide to the legality of VPN software. Otherwise, here’s how a VPN improves your online security:
- When you’re connected to a VPN, all of your data is encrypted. This is a real benefit if you tend to use public Wi-Fi networks, as they’re notoriously easy to infiltrate. Your uploads and downloads will be encrypted too, as will all of your personal, financial, and private information, including passwords.
- Connecting to a VPN server changes your IP address by cloaking your real IP and replacing it with the VPN server’s IP instead. This is how you’re able to unblock websites in Belgium with a Belgium VPN. There are other benefits to hiding your IP address too. Your ISP (internet service provider) won’t be able to see what you’re doing online. Neither will hackers or other strangers online, which includes people in your torrent network who can see your IP by default.
- Even gamers can benefit from improved online security while gaming. You’ll no longer have to worry about DDoS attacks, for example, as your encrypted network makes it far harder to be targeted.
We could talk for hours about VPNs and their benefits, but to cut it short, you’ll generally be safer online when using a VPN. Just be sure to follow the usual best practices of the internet, such as avoiding suspicious email attachments and only sharing your personal information with trusted companies.
The Best VPN for a Belgian IP Address
To simplify your search for a VPN, we’ve hand-picked the best VPNs for a Belgium IP address. With any of these providers, you’ll get a fast and reliable connection, military-grade encryption, and lots of other security features to keep you safe online.
1. ExpressVPN: The best VPN for a Belgian IP address
- VPN server locations in 94 countries, including Belgium VPNs
- New subscribers get a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Super-helpful, round-the-block customer service
- Automatically finds you the fastest VPN server in a country
- Security features include a kill switch and 256-bit AES encryption
- This VPN works with Netflix and other streaming services
- One of the fastest VPNs you can get right now
- Verified no-logging policy
- Connect multiple devices under one subscription
If you’re going to watch Belgian TV online or stream with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, or any other streaming platform, you need a fast connection. ExpressVPN sits alongside NordVPN as two of the fastest VPNs on the market. Couple that with VPN support for almost 100 countries worldwide, and it’s easy to see why ExpressVPN is our best VPN for pretty much any task.
Connections aren’t just speedy, but safe too. ExpressVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption, which is the choice of militaries and governments across the world. You’ve also got native protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks, and there’s a kill switch that will cut your internet connection should your VPN drop out. ExpressVPN is also one of the only VPNs with a verified no-log policy, which means that your data won’t be harvested and passed on.
These are all the kinds of features that we like to see in a VPN. However, ExpressVPN goes the extra mile. There’s support for every desktop OS, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. There’s also a really simple but effective VPN mobile application for smartphones and tablets. Should you get stuck – which is really difficult with such a user-friendly app – you can access friendly customer service 24/7.
2. NordVPN: One of the fastest and most secure VPNs
- 30-day money-back guarantee on new accounts
- DNS leak protection
- Around 60+ Belgian servers
- Over 5,200 VPN servers across the globe
- Won’t log your browsing activity
- This VPN works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more
- Install NordVPN on your router!
- Advanced security features
You can easily get a Belgium IP address with NordVPN, a premium provider that has around 60+ VPN servers in Belgium. You can also hop across the globe – digitally, that is – thanks to NordVPN’s huge range of 5,200+ VPN servers. A lot of these servers are also optimized for P2P (peer-to-peer) file sharing, so if torrenting is your thing, NordVPN could be ideal. Data transferred through these servers is also protected by 256-bit AES encryption, and NordVPN is one of the few verified no-logs VPNs.
Alongside ExpressVPN, NordVPN is one of the fastest VPNs you’ll find. In the right scenarios, speeds have reached up to 600-800Mbps, which is more than enough for streaming to your heart’s content. NordVPN can typically unblock Netflix and other streaming sites, though it’s worth keeping an eye on the VPN scene. Netflix has been fighting back lately, and in the interest of being upfront, NordVPN did recently have some teething issues with Netflix. So, if one server doesn’t work, try another, and you should be fine.
3. Surfshark: A cheaper alternative, but a great VPN for a Belgian IP
- Consistently fast connection speeds on European VPNs
- Surfshark can unblock Netflix abroad
- Use the NoBorders mode to bypass the strictest restrictions
- Protection against DNS leaks
- 256-bit AES encryption
- No-logs policy
Surfshark is a more affordable VPN, and while it’s not quite as speedy as ExpressVPN or NordVPN, it still offers fast connections. What’s more, since it can unblock Netflix reliably, it’s perfect for watching Belgium TV channels like AB Explore and La Une, or streaming online. If you’re located in a country with stringent restrictions, Surfshark’s NoBorders mode can get around the strictest content blocks too.
With Surfshark, your data is secure too. This provider promises not to store your browsing activity. It also uses 256-bit AES encryption, which is the standard used by governments and militaries around the world! You’ll also benefit from protection against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks, plus there’s a built-in kill switch.
Why Should I Get a Belgian IP Address?
The answer to this question depends on whether you’re a resident of Belgium or wish to access region-locked content. If you live in Belgium and you’re traveling abroad, you might need a VPN to unblock online banking or social media while overseas. Even if your bank doesn’t block foreign IP addresses, checking your finances from abroad could flag your account as a fraud risk and lock you out!
You could benefit from using a VPN on your home turf too. Due to the Belgian Anti-Piracy Federation, you’ll have to find a way to unblock torrent websites in Belgium if you want to download files over a peer-to-peer network. Fortunately, a VPN can do just that. Once you connect to a VPN, you’ll be able to get around website blocks by Proximus, Telenet, Numericable, and other Belgian ISPs (Internet Service Providers). Just be sure that you’re not dabbling in any copyrighted software.
Even if you don’t live in Belgium, you can still benefit from getting a Belgium IP. In addition to unblocking Netflix, you can access a range of Belgian TV channels online that would ordinarily be blocked from abroad. These include popular channels such as:
What Should I Look For in a VPN for a Belgium IP?
What makes a good VPN? Well, there are some key points to consider, with some being more important than others depending on what you’re doing online. Check out our quick tips below to see what you should look for when choosing a VPN:
- First and foremost, you’ll want to ensure you choose a VPN that has Belgium VPN servers. The majority of premium VPNs will have servers in Belgium, as it’s a popular digital destination. However, free VPNs typically support very few countries.
- Don’t forget, if you do want to unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and so on, you’ll need to check that your VPN isn’t blocked by streaming services. Netflix, for example, is fighting back against the use of VPNs. ExpressVPN and Surfshark can unblock Netflix. However, most providers have had some Netflix issues recently. This situation is constantly evolving.
- You’ll want to choose a fast VPN connection. This is most important if you want to watch Belgian TV channels online or unblock Belgian Netflix. If you do want to catch up on the latest Belgian TV shows, we advise against using a free VPN. The data limitations mean you’ll be unlikely to finish even a single movie. What’s more, the connection speeds could see your stream buffering repeatedly.
- You’ll also want to choose a VPN with a no-logs policy. NordVPN and ExpressVPN, two of our best VPNs for a Belgium IP, have verified no-logs policies. This means that your browsing data won’t be captured and stored. If it’s not stored, then it can’t be handed to any marketing agencies, or worse, the authorities (though we hope you aren’t doing anything Interpol would be interested in!).
To unblock Netflix in Belgium or watch Belgian TV online, you’ll need to get a Belgium IP address. Changing your IP address isn’t difficult. All you need is a VPN. Once you connect to a Belgian VPN server and change your IP, you’ll be able to bypass geoblocks with ease. You’ll also enjoy greater online freedom and security, whether you’re streaming, torrenting, or surfing the internet for discounts that you can only score by using a VPN!
Got questions about Belgium VPNs and how to change your IP address to one in Belgium? Check out our frequently asked questions below!
You can get a foreign IP address by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
- Choose a reputable VPN provider and sign up. We recommend ExpressVPN for server choice and speed.
- Download and install the VPN software on your computer, or use a VPN mobile application.
- Run the VPN software, then log into your account.
- Find a foreign VPN server in the country of your choice.
- Connect to the server to get a foreign IP.
You’ll find more information in our full article.
Virtual Private Networks have a lot of advantages, including changing your IP address. When you connect to a VPN server, your IP address changes to mirror the IP of the server you’re using. So, if you want your VPN to show a different location, just choose a new server, whether it’s in your country or abroad.
Some countries restrict or even ban the use of VPN software. In Belgium, there are currently no such restrictions. Using a VPN in Belgium is completely legal, assuming you’re not doing anything illegal online. For more information on the legality of VPNs around the world, check out our article: “Is it legal to use a VPN?“