Molotov TV has 38 channels you can watch for free, but only if you’re in the European Union. If want to get access to any of those free channels (or Molotov TV’s 170 paid channels with packages like MolotovPlus and Molotov Extended) from outside the EU, you’ll need a VPN.
Want to stream Molotov TV outside France and the EU? Just follow our quick step-by-step guide:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN service. We like NordVPN for online streaming.
- Download and install the VPN from the company website or trusted app store.
- Sign in to your account using the login credentials you created during registration.
- Select a server in the EU. We recommend NordVPN’s servers in France, Germany, or Austria.
- Connect to the VPN’s server, and wait a few seconds.
- Go to Molotov TV, sign up or sign in and start streaming!
Molotov TV is a French-owned television streaming service that hosts 38 free channels online. Through packages like MolotovPlus and Molotov Extended, viewers can get more than 170 paid channels that offer access to exclusive films and series. But if you’re living abroad, or globe-trotting outside of the European Union, you won’t be able to access anything on Molotov TV without a VPN service.
A Virtual Private Network, or VPN, will redirect your IP address to another location inside the EU, where Molotov TV is available. If you want to get ahold of some of the best television in the EU, we’ll explain how to do so using a VPN so you don’t miss anything while you’re abroad!
Why Can’t I Watch Molotov TV Outside the EU?
If you try to watch Molotov TV from any place outside the EU, you’ll see a message like the one below.
Basically, it comes down to copyright and licensing for media distribution rights for television and movies. A streaming service has to purchase the rights to media for their location. A smaller company based in France isn’t going to pay for the rights to show a French television series to an American audience. It doesn’t make good business sense.
So, they only make it available to their main audience, the EU. This is called geo-restriction or geo-blocking. There are a lot of other reasons a platform or particular content might be geo-restricted, but for streaming services, it’s usually about territorial licensing rights.
How to Watch Molotov TV From Anywhere in the World
To watch Molotov TV from almost anywhere in the world, you’ll need to do two things:
- Get a good VPN: You first need to sign up for a good VPN service and download the software onto your favorite streaming device. Don’t know of any good VPNs? Don’t worry, we’ve got plenty of recommendations for you later.
- Create a Molotov TV account: You will need an active account to stream Molotov TV, whether it’s free or paid. Luckily, you can register for an account with just an email. You’re not required to provide any other information than email, name and other basic info.
Once you’ve taken care of these two things, you can stream from your browser or take a few extra steps to download the app onto your device. Then you’ll be ready to watch your favorite programs, like the Big Bang Theory and Grey’s Anatomy! Not to mention the endless bank of French content that Molotov is famous for.
A Step-by-Step Guide: Watch Molotov TV for Free with a VPN
You can watch channels in the browser version of Molotov TV using Chrome, Edge, Brave, and Firefox. But the first step to watching Molotov TV is downloading and installing a VPN to break through the EU’s geofencing.
A VPN works by changing your true IP address and sending it to a server in another country, making it look like you are browsing from another location where Molotov TV is available. This could be anywhere in the EU. Simultaneously, the VPN creates an encrypted, private connection to the internet, to keep your private data secure.
How to install a VPN in 6 Steps
First time downloading a VPN? We’ve got you covered. Here’s how to install a VPN in six simple steps!
- Sign up and create an account with a reputable VPN service. We recommend NordVPN for watching Molotov TV. This provider has servers peppered all over the EU and offers top speeds and connections for streaming video.
- Download the VPN software. Once you’re on the VPN’s website, follow their instructions for downloading the software.
- Install the VPN software. Follow the on-screen instructions from your device’s installation wizard.
- Log in to your new account using the credentials you created during registration.
- Choose a server to re-route your IP address. You’ll need to choose a server in the European Union since Molotov TV is blocked outside the EU. If you are looking specifically for French channels, a server in Paris is a good choice.
- Turn on the VPN. Wait a few seconds to make sure the VPN is connected and running. With NordVPN, you’ll see a notification that says you’re “Protected.”
Once you’ve got your VPN up and running, you’re ready to start streaming!
How to watch Molotov TV for free on your browser
Now that you’ve connected to your VPN’s server, Molotov TV will read your digital location as coming from within the EU. So all of its content will be unblocked. Follow these steps to watch Molotov TV on your browser.
1. Open up Chrome, Edge, Brave, or Firefox browser and go to Molotov.tv
Navigate to Molotov TV’s website. For English speakers, you’ll need to translate the page in your browser from French to English. For example, use Chrome and click on Google’s “translate this page” feature on the far right of the site URL bar. Usually, you’ll get an automated notification on foreign sites.
2. Disable your ad blocker
You must select the option to always disable the ad blocker on Molotov’s site, or you won’t be able to use the platform. Please note that while we didn’t have any trouble using Molotov on a Mac with Chrome, we struggled with adblocking issues on a Windows PC.
You might need to try different browsers or uninstall your adblocker completely to get Molotov to work without annoying adblocker pop-ups.
3. Register for a free Molotov TV account
You need to enter an email and create a password to open a free account. You’ll also need to provide some other basic information.
4. Log in to your account and click on a free show or movie to start streaming!
After you’ve verified your email and account, you can start streaming free channels, movies, or shows on Molotov TV. With a free account, you can only watch “unlocked” content, channels, and series that do not have a lock symbol in the bottom left corner.
Download the Molotov TV app for free
If you’re having browser issues, or would like alternative ways to stream video, the Molotov TV app is available on many smart devices including Mac and iOS, Windows, and Android. For some devices, you’ll need to connect your VPN to a router or virtual router.
If you’re looking to take this route, make sure to read our guides on how to use a VPN on other smart devices like iPad, Apple TV, or Chromecast. If you want to continue with your browser, just follow these steps to download the app on your computer.
1. Connect to a VPN server in France or the EU
You must be connected to a server in Paris or the EU so the site reads your IP address as such, or else Molotov won’t work because the content is only licensed for French and European Unions citizens.
2. Log into your Molotov account in your browser and in the top menu bar, select “to download”
If the app package doesn’t start to download automatically, click on the link to download manually.
2. Open the package on your computer and follow the prompts
3. Enter your Molotov TV login information to access your free or paid account
4. Agree to the terms and start streaming!
Whether you’re a Francophile or want to access English-language content, there’s plenty of TV to choose from!
Get More Content with MolotovPlus, Molotov Extended, and Molotov Grand Cinema
Programs or channels with the yellow lock symbol in the bottom left corner are only available with Molotov’s paid versions. Next, we’ll talk about the additional services available in the paid packages Molotov offers.
You need a credit card or Paypal to sign-up, but it does not need to be a French or European card. Our U.S.-based payment worked fine for the free trial of MolotovPlus as long as your VPN is connected to a server in Paris (or the EU).
Compare Molotov TV viewing packages
Some of the most popular shows on Molotov are locked in the free version like the channels TFI and TMC. Right now, you can watch MolotovPlus free for a month, then it’s €3.99/month afterward. You can get MolotovExtended for €9.99/month, Molotov Kids and Teens for €2.99/month for 3 months, then €4.99/month. Molotov Grand Cinema is €19.99/month.
We’ve broken it all down for you below.
|Molotov.TV Free||MolotovPlus||Molotov Extended||Molotov Grand Cinema||Molotov Kids and Teens|
|Cost||€3.99/month or €39.99/year||€9.99/month||€19.99/month||€2.99/month for 3 months, then €4.99/month|
|Number of Channels||38||80+||110+||1500 films, STARZPLAY, FilmoTV, Ciné+ or even the Action, RTL9, Drive-In, and Paramount Channel channels.||Offers only kid-friendly channels like Nickelodeon and movies like Boss Baby.|
|Number of HD screens||not specified||4||4||not specified||4|
|Services||Cloud recording||Cloud recording, replay (for M6 Group channels) and access to European programs||recording for all channels and replay for M6 Group channels||Cloud recording, on-demand films and series||On-demand channels, movies, and series|
Watch more TV with smaller packages or add-ons
Molotov offers limited packages if you’re only interested in certain channels or want access to something the larger viewing packages don’t offer, like HBO (which is only available with the OCS package).
Here are some of the additional packages you can buy on Molotov:
- Adult Swim + Toonami for €2.99/month
- OCS for €11.99 where you can watch HBO series like Game of Thrones
- Cine+ for €9.99/month with 6 HD movie channels, Film
- Filmo for €6.99/month with 800 movies on demand
- Starzplay for €4.99/month with exclusive series like Gangs of London or and blockbuster movies
- Shadows for €4.99/month to watch hundreds of videos on demand
Visit Molotov’s list of products to see what additional programs and services you can watch.
Can You Watch Molotov TV with a Free VPN?
It might be tempting to use a free VPN service, especially if you don’t watch international television often. However, free or unreliable VPNs can put your data at risk or simply not work. Most free VPNs have limited servers, as well as data and bandwidth limits. You can always get more, but you’ll have to pay for upgrades and add-ons anyways.
What we look for in a VPN
Free VPNs typically fall short of what we’re looking at when we test providers:
- Number of servers: In the case of Molotov TV, you want to make sure a VPN has plenty of servers in France or anywhere else in the EU like Austria, Germany, Sweden, or Italy.
- Reliable security: We look at security protocols that a VPN offers to make sure you can surf anonymously and safely.
- Speed: A slow VPN is a bad VPN. We test our recommended VPNs for stable and fast connections on local and distant servers.
- Ease of use: A VPN doesn’t need to be complicated, so we check out how easy it is to download, install, and use.
- Customer service: We evaluate what kind of service features are available like chat, 24/7 call centers, or quality.
- Cost: It’s tough to beat free. While a reliable VPN usually costs money, they don’t have to be expensive. We evaluate the cost and value to make sure you get the best bang for your buck.
If you need a VPN that works well with a certain device, read our articles on VPN services for Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, or Roku. We also know how important your privacy and security are, so we regularly test and review reliable VPNs so you can make an informed choice.
However, if paying for a VPN is out of the question for you, take a look at our list of the top completely free VPN services.
The Best VPNs for Watching Molotov TV
Not all VPN services are reliable, affordable, or even safe to use. There are free VPN services out there, but we recommend downloading a paid VPN service that is reputable to ensure you’re getting top-quality speeds for video streaming, as well as top-tier security protocols for your personal safety and privacy.
NordVPN: Safe, fast, reliable connections for streaming video
NordVPN is easy to use and has very reliable security due to double-data encryption technology. They also don’t keep any data logs so your information is never stored. If you want to make sure your connection is completely safe, NordVPN is your provider.
It’s cheaper than ExpressVPN at only $3.49/month if you sign up for two years. You can use NordVPN with a 30-day money-back guarantee, too. We like NordVPN because it has more than 5,000 servers in 60 countries so you won’t have a problem watching Molotov TV from anywhere in the world.
- Excellent protection and a large network of servers
- Nice and pleasing application
- No logs
Surfshark: An affordable way to stream all over the world
Surfshark is even more affordable than NordVPN and ExpressVPN, coming in at only $2.49/month with an extended contract. That’s a good deal with access to 3,200 servers in 65 countries, and it’s the only VPN provider in this list that has unlimited connections, meaning you can have as many devices as you want on one subscription.
It’s also a secure choice because it doesn’t keep logs and offers you the choice to send your data through two VPN servers at one time, providing more protection.
- Very user-friendly and works with Netflix and torrents
- 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked!
- Cheap with many extra options
ExpressVPN: Lightning fast international streaming
If you need a fast connection, ExpressVPN is the way to go. ExpressVPN performed as one of the fastest for distant servers in our test results, which makes it a good choice to stream television from Molotov TV from anywhere.
We like ExpressVPN because it has 3,000 servers in more than 160 locations around the world, more than either NordVPN or Surfshark. It’s easy to use and another great choice to watch your favorite French TV shows. When we tested it with Molotov TV, we didn’t have any issues. However, with its $6.67 per month price tag, it can be a little expensive for some users.
- Very easy to use VPN
- Perfect for anonymous browsing, downloading, and streaming (i.e. Netflix)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
Use a VPN to start streaming Molotov TV!
If you’re traveling or living outside the EU and want to watch your favorite shows on Molotov TV, you’ll need to use a stable, fast, and secure VPN. Our favorite is NordVPN, but Surfshark and ExpressVPN are solid options, too.
There are a lot of great advantages to using a VPN like anonymity when browsing the web, bypassing censorship, increasing your internet speed, and even saving money online.
However, one of the most common benefits for VPN users is being able to stream your favorite media from anywhere in the world. So, if you’re traveling or living abroad, sign up for a VPN and unblock Molotov TV!
Want to know more about how to watch MolotovTV from anywhere? Read our frequently asked questions below to find out more!
Molotov TV is a French-owned television streaming service available only in the European Union. If you live or travel outside the EU and want to watch Molotov TV, you’ll need a VPN.
If you are traveling or living outside of France and the European Union, you can watch Molotov TV with a VPN. A VPN is a Virtual Private Network that encrypts your IP address and routes it through another server where Molotov TV is accessible. Here’s how to watch Molotov TV outside France:
- Download and install a reputable VPN.
- Log in.
- Select a server in France.
- Go to Molotov TV and the content will be unblocked.
Molotov TV is available online for anyone living in the European Union. If you are traveling or living outside the EU, you need a VPN to access Molotov TV. Here’s how to stream Molotov TV outside the EU:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN service.
- Log in using your signup info.
- Select a server in the EU.
- Go to the Molotov TV site or app on your device.
- Start streaming.
Viewers in the European Union can watch 38 channels for free on Molotov TV. Paid subscribers can watch up to 170 channels on Molotov TV. If you are outside the European Union and watch to stream Molotov TV’s free channels, you need to use a VPN. Download and install a VPN on your computer, select a server in the EU, and start streaming!