All you need to get a Taiwanese IP Address, is a VPN. You don’t need to be particularly tech-savvy to install it. Here’s an easy step-by-step guide for getting it done:
- Choose a VPN provider that has servers located in Taiwan. We suggest NordVPN for its excellent speed and server network.
- Download the VPN software and log in, using the account you’ve just created. You can also download an app for iOS or Android.
- Run the software and find a VPN server located in Taiwan.
- Connect to the Taiwan VPN server. Your IP address will now mirror a Taiwanese location. Enjoy online streaming, e-banking, and accessing news with your Taiwanese IP!
If you’re wondering how to get a Taiwan IP address from anywhere in the world, look no further. All you need, is a VPN (Virtual Private Network). With a VPN, you can change the location of your IP address to anywhere you want, including Taiwan.
A VPN encrypts your connection to the internet. This means that the data generated from your online activity can’t be tracked. Using a VPN helps protect you from cyberattacks and provides you with more privacy and freedom online.
It’s easy enough to install a Taiwan VPN and access Taiwanese content. In this article, we take you through the process step-by-step. We have also listed the best VPN providers to get a Taiwanese IP address. With them, you’ll be able to unblock Netflix, access your Taiwan bank account online, or read up on the latest news with a Taiwanese IP.
Get a Taiwanese IP Address From Anywhere
Depending on where you live, some social media content or YouTube channels might be blocked for you. In Taiwan, the internet is generally unrestricted. Using a Taiwan VPN grants you access to geo-blocked websites and services. This is because your real location will be hidden from your internet provider and other trackers. This gives you many benefits, from anonymous downloading to bypassing government censorship.
You can get a Taiwanese IP address from anywhere in the world. For countries in East and Southeast Asia, the connection will be especially fast, thanks to their proximity to the Taiwanese servers. But what’s even better, is that the best VPN providers give you access to thousands of cloaked IP addresses all over the world! That means you can use servers from any country you like.
How to get a Taiwan IP address: a step-by-step guide
Here you’ll find step-by-step instructions to get your Taiwan VPN set up today:
- Choose a VPN provider that has servers in Taiwan. For the fastest connection, we suggest NordVPN.
- Download the VPN software and get yourself a subscription. You can download the VPN for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Most providers also offer a user-friendly VPN app for your phone or tablet.
- Run the software and log into the account that you created when you subscribed.
- Select a Taiwan server from the list of countries shown and click the button to connect to a Taiwanese IP address.
There you go! You’re now free to browse the net and access any Taiwanese content you’d like to see. If you want to make sure your IP is actually set to Taiwan, you can use our tool to check.
- Excellent protection and a large network of servers
- Nice and pleasing application
- No logs
Free vs. Paid VPNs
It might be tempting to look for a VPN provider that doesn’t cost you anything. Depending on what you want to use your VPN for, some providers offer good alternatives to a paid-for VPN. However, if you want to use a Taiwanese IP address, we advise against picking a free option. Using a free VPN often comes with some drawbacks and limitations:
- Most free VPNs only have a limited amount of servers. This means they don’t offer IP addresses in every country. A provider such as ProtonVPN only offers free servers in the United States, the Netherlands, and Japan. If you’re looking for a Taiwanese IP address, you’re better off with a paid subscription.
- Even if you are lucky enough to find a VPN provider with a Taiwan server for no cost, chances are your connection will be slow or unstable. This is because the few servers a free option offers, tend to get over-crowded by other users who want access at the same time. This could make it difficult to stream media or download large files.
- Free VPN services often have a data cap. This means you can only use a limited amount of data. With PrivadoVPN‘s free version – one of the better VPNs that won’t cost you anything – you can only use 10GB per month.
- A free VPN often gets detected more easily and blocked faster. When this happens, you’ll be unable to access certain content and websites. Not exactly a welcome experience when you’re right in the middle of watching your favorite iQIYI Taiwan shows or browsing Catchplay+.
- Not all free VPNs are safe. One of the biggest risks of free software is that it’s more likely that your data will be tracked. All VPNs need to find ways to make money. While not every single provider will resort to selling your data to third parties, they might. In certain cases, free apps even contain malware.
If you want to browse anonymously and privately with a Taiwanese IP address, a paid VPN is a better option than free software. You might still be able to use a VPN for free, however. If you only need your Taiwanese IP address for a couple of days or weeks, NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee you can essentially use as a free trial. Just make sure you cancel your subscription in time to get your refund!
If you still want to know your best free options for a VPN, you can check out our list of best free VPNs that won’t sell your data.
Is Using a VPN to Get a Taiwan IP Address Safe?
Because of its proximity to mainland China, you might be wondering if Taiwan has similar levels of online censorship and restriction — including hard laws against VPN use. But no need to worry: the Taiwanese web is less restrictive than the Chinese. As long as you use a reliable provider, it is perfectly safe to use a VPN. In fact, using a VPN gives you an additional amount of online security, especially when it comes to censorship.
- A VPN provider gives you a new IP address in a different country. Your real IP will be cloaked. This makes it significantly more difficult for a company, institution, or another user to figure out where you are really located. No matter where you are in the world, you’ll be able to connect to the internet from a Taiwanese IP address.
- When you use a VPN, all your data is encrypted, including your downloads, passwords, and credit card info. The VPN runs in the background of your device and creates a secure tunnel to the web. Because the tunnel is encrypted, you’re shielded from anyone interested in your data. This is particularly useful when you use public Wi-Fi.
- A VPN unblocks restricted content. When you click to connect to a Taiwan server through your VPN provider, your IP address will mirror the address of that particular server. This can help you circumvent online censorship in other countries, so you can increase your online freedom while staying anonymous. With a few clicks, you can be watching your favorite Taiwanese TV shows or reading local news.
If you’ve never used a VPN before, you might want to read up on how it works first. While using a VPN, you must keep in mind that it doesn’t make any illegal conduct legal. On top of that, in some countries, using a VPN can be a grey area in the law. In all other cases, however, a VPN is a safe, easy-to-use, and secure way to access the internet.
The Best VPN for a Taiwan IP Address
You might be looking to get a Taiwanese IP address to watch TTV or Netflix Taiwan, or perhaps you want to browse the internet anonymously from a server in Taiwan. Whatever your reason may be, we have selected the best VPNs for a Taiwanese IP address. You can find our top 3 down below.
1. NordVPN: our number 1 pick for a Taiwan VPN server
The best thing about NordVPN is that it offers the possibility to connect to more than 100 different VPN servers in Taiwan. This means you don’t have to share a handful of servers with many people, which could slow down your connection. Because of its speed, NordVPN is ideal for streaming Netflix or watching Taiwanese TV. But NordVPN isn’t just perfect for getting a Taiwanese IP: it has servers in 60 countries worldwide, and with just one subscription, you can change your virtual location to any of these places.
NordVPN is a guaranteed no-logs service, which means that your data is always safe and private. No tracking is possible through their 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and built-in kill switch. You can secure up to six devices at the same time since they allow multiple simultaneous connections, and NordVPN apps are available for Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. If you run into any problems, the NordVPN help desk is available 24/7.
As a new subscriber to NordVPN, you’ll be able to get full access to all of these features for a couple of dollars a month. While NordVPN isn’t the cheapest VPN on this list (that would be Surfshark), it does provide excellent quality for a relatively low price. Plus, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee you can use as a free trial. This gives you a great opportunity to try out the service.
2. Surfshark: an affordable VPN with great unblocking options
If you want a VPN service with excellent unblocking capabilities that isn’t too expensive, Surfshark is your best bet. With thousands of servers in more than 60 countries, including Taiwan, you’ll be able to access Taiwanese services such as Catchplay+ and LineTV, as well as other subscription video-on-demand services such as Disney+ and Netflix with ease. Even with high internet traffic, Surfshark reaches high speeds.
Surfshark lets you connect as many devices as you’d like, no matter what operating service they run on. All the while, your data is completely encrypted and your online privacy is protected. They have a strict no-logs policy, strong DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and powerful 256-bit AES encryption. The 24/7 support service is available through a live chat.
What is great about Surfshark is that it’s a more affordable option than NordVPN. You can even use its money-back guarantee as a free trial, if you time it right. Its software is straightforward and easy to work with, whether you’re a beginning VPN user or not. This certainly makes it a great option to find a Taiwanese IP address.
3. ExpressVPN: a fast VPN that’s perfect for streaming
If you’re looking for the fastest server speed around, you need ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is the perfect VPN for streaming your favorite shows from services like Netflix Taiwan, iQIYI Taiwan, and KKTV. The VPN connection is extremely stable, no matter what operating system you’re using. ExpressVPN is also a great choice for a first-time VPN user. The interface is clean and straightforward. Should you have any questions, the ExpressVPN support service is available 24/7.
Aside from the needed Taiwanese VPN server, ExpressVPN has over 3000 servers in more than 90 countries, so you can access geo-blocked content from all over the world. It also uses military-grade security features, including 256-bit AES encryption. Thanks to ExpressVPN’s kill switch, you’ll be disconnected if the VPN connection drops, keeping your real location hidden at all times. Finally, you can use your ExpressVPN account on up to five different devices at the same time.
Unfortunately, ExpressVPN is a bit more pricey than other providers. However, for how well it works, it’s certainly worth your buck! Another great advantage is that all new subscribers get a 30-day money-back guarantee when signing up, so you can try it out if you’re curious.
Why Get a Taiwanese IP Address?
There are different reasons why you might want to get a Taiwanese IP address. If you’re in a different country but you need access to your online financial accounts or news subscriptions, a VPN is useful. Foreign IP addresses are often blocked by these institutions because they’re seen as suspicious. Of course, using a Taiwan IP address also gives you access to your favorite subscription video-on-demand platforms, such as:
You can also access Ruten Auctions for all your e-commerce, as well as any Taiwanese gaming platforms and news websites of your choice. Besides online services, a Taiwan VPN allows you to enjoy more privacy and security. You’re protected against data tracking and less vulnerable to cyberattacks.
What to Look for in a Taiwan VPN
We’ve tested the three VPNs mentioned above specifically for their Taiwanese IP addresses. Should you want to explore even more options in your search for a VPN provider that can connect you to a Taiwan server, keep the following things in mind:
- When looking for the best VPN to get a Taiwanese IP address, you want to look at the number of servers in Taiwan. Sharing only a couple of VPN servers with thousands of people will make things slow. You might also want to consider the overall server network of different providers, should you wish to use servers in other countries as well.
- Always check that your VPN does not log your data in any way, so you can surf the internet more anonymously and safely. You can find the best no-log VPN providers here.
- If you’re interested in streaming, look at the speed of the offered VPN connections. To use Netflix or other video services, you need a decent internet connection. Paid-for VPNs are generally fast enough for these kinds of online activities. Free VPNs, however, might slow down your connection too much to comfortably watch your favorite shows.
With a VPN, all your online activity is encrypted and you’ll be able to unblock censored or restricted websites. We recommend NordVPN as a VPN provider to get a Taiwanese IP address. NordVPN will allow you to access all your favorite Taiwanese services and watch them with the fastest streaming speed.
If you’re looking for a VPN server in a different country, check out some of our other guides:
- How to Get a UK IP Address From Anywhere
- How to Get a Mexican IP Address From Anywhere
- How to Get an Australian IP Address From Anywhere
Do you have questions or concerns about getting a Taiwan IP address through a VPN service? Check out our most frequently asked questions below.
Getting a Taiwan IP address is very easy. All you need, is a VPN. Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a VPN provider with servers in Taiwan. We recommend NordVPN.
- Create an account and download the software. You can use most VPNs on any device.
- Run the software and log in with your account.
- Find a server in Taiwan.
- Connect to the server. There you go! You now have a Taiwan IP address.
NordVPN is our best pick for a VPN that works with Netflix Taiwan. It has lightning-fast internet speed and has an excellent user-friendly interface. If you want to know our complete top 3 for Taiwan VPNs, check out our full article.
Yes, it’s perfectly safe to use a VPN in Taiwan. Your connection to the web will be encrypted, which means all your data remains private. Taiwan enjoys relative online freedom. You also get to remain anonymous as you browse the web. As long as you don’t do anything illegal, it is safe to use a VPN.